• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If you OC vote here

I OC....

• everyday.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • once a week.

• once in a while.

• never, I CC only.

• Total voters

MetalChris

imported post

I don't OC or CC at the moment...still don't have my CHL, and here in OH you can't carry in your car at all w/o a license...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Missouri does not have preemption so while legal at the state level, the city I live in has an ordinance against open carry. I go to KY about every other month and open carry there for the most part and sometimes open carry when in other areas of MO I can legally carry in. If a preemption statute passed in MO I would open carry a lot more often, especially in summer. As I most often use an OWB holster and cover it with a sports coat or jacket, in my office when customers are not in there I am typically OC.

MetalChris

imported post

ace1001 wrote:
How does the gun get from point Ato point B? Ace
You can't transport a loaded gun in a vehicle, but you can transport an unloaded gun as long as the ammo and gun are separate (i.e. gun in the car, ammo in the trunk),and the magazine is unloaded. It's much too big of a hassle to try to OC w/out a license around here...I feel infringed upon...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So in Ohio, if someone has a CCW from another state and can CC on Ohio, can that person also OC in the car in Ohio? It seems you could but I'm not clear on that point.

MetalChris

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
So in Ohio, if someone has a CCW from another state and can CC on Ohio, can that person also OC in the car in Ohio? It seems you could but I'm not clear on that point.
Yup, as long as you have a CC license that's valid in Ohio you can carry a handgun in your car.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

I put once a week, because that's how often I do it in a public place on average. I technically OC everyday, but a lot of times cover up when I go into a restaurant/other place of business. It doesn't really seem to count to me unless someone else actually sees me OCing.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Every day... I don't have a CCW, so I can't be "tempted" :Dto CC.

MetalChris

imported post

dngreer wrote:
Isn't it a huge pain to transport though? What's your setupto alleviate the massive pain that it is?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Winter CC, Summer 50/50. Carry with a Don Hume J.I.T. S&W J revolver 38S

Winter coat covers, but, don't go out of my way to make sure it's covered. When I reach in my pocket for change it shows.

I'm over 50 and dress clean cut. Sorry, no pearcings or tattoos :dude:.

I don't get comments, I believe I look like a guy that is suppose to be carrying.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
dngreer wrote:
Isn't it a huge pain to transport though? What's your setupto alleviate the massive pain that it is?
You're right, it is a pain; having to put my magazines in the trunk before I go anywhere and having to reload every time I get out of the car. Hopefully soon we can get oc in cars legalized here in Ohio.