I have lived in Utah for a long time
I took a job with the Federal Govenment in Arizona for a couple of years.
I witnessed my first in city open carry on the highway in Arizona.
I pulled up on a fellow motorcyclist and noticed his 9mm strapped to his leg.
I was unfamilliar with the OC laws, so I backed the hell off, just like all the other drivers for 100 yards.
I stopped by the local Bike shop and nearly everyone in the shop was OC by hip, leg or shoulder.
I was educated at to the law in AZ at the shop.
I was also very exited and thrilled.
I moved back to Utah after 20 months and got my CCW permit.
The more I ride my motorcycle the more I recognize why all those guys OCed. they wanted their space and they were taking it by force.
I am nearly run off the road at least 4 times per week and I am sick of it.
I would like to create my own little private bubble, but I am concerned about the cascading effects of open carry.
1. Will I be (more) harrassed by the police than I already am (Bright Orange Kawasaki Z1000 with matching helmet and coat)?
2. Are there any special rules/laws relating to the change from OC to CC?
3. Am I asking for (more) trouble from other drivers??
4. Am I at increased risk of being shot by a foolish noob police officer (there are many that I have encountered)?
5. Can I anticipate being laid on the ground and handcuffed if I am pulled over?
6. Can I anticipate rough and abusive treatment by police officers if (when) I am pulled over?
I know there is "what should happen", but I am more interested in "what WILL happen".
personal experience is appreciated and any other input.
I intend to OC while on the bike and switch to CC when I step off.
I also work in a rough area (33rd and main)
I want to increase my personal safety.
Help me make a wise choice.
Thanks in advance