Thread: Another Poor Misguided Soul

Post imported post

FROM THE DAILY MESS...

Control more guns

November 19, 2007

Every time someone writes in about controlling guns I can look forward to at least three or four letters from National Rifle Association members. They only talk of the Constitution and what their rights are. They sound as if soldiers and law enforcement officers will be pounding on their door confiscating all weapons immediately. They don't talk about the dummies with guns that leave them out so children can be maimed or killed. They don't talk of the many young folks who are shooting each other. They don't talk about the innocent clerks who are killed during a robbery. They don't talk about the mentally deranged who can purchase weapons. They also don't talk about the police officers who are being killed in the line of duty.

What they miss is the word "control." Control the number of guns that are getting on the street, control who can buy a gun. This is what most of the folks who write in are talking about. Not the elimination of guns..

We need laws that will close the loopholes that existing laws have. I have three handguns in my home. I have been a member of the NRA. I learned gun safety from a gun enthusiast way back when. Guns used in the right way are one of our American privileges.

J. W. Pollard [/i]

Seaford [/i]

With gunowners like this.....who needs antis

EDIT - Here ya go vmathis - http://www.dailypress.com/news/opini...532.customform

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

What they miss is the word "control." Control the number of guns that are getting on the street, control who can buy a gun. This is what most of the folks who write in are talking about. Not the elimination of guns.. We need laws that will close the loopholes that existing laws have. I have three handguns in my home. I have been a member of the NRA. I learned gun safety from a gun enthusiast way back when. Guns used in the right way are one of our American privileges
    NDC. {no damn comment}
    I'm on my good behavior today :X

Post imported post

SNIP/EDIT:
    Guns are one of our American privileges.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

State Researcher

Post imported post

Well I certainly think it's time for as many people in the area as possible to write in a letter to the editor of this paper and set this guy straight. Hell, if the original poster will link an email address, I'll do it.

Post imported post

To submit a letter to the Daily Mess:

http://www.dailypress.com/news/opini...532.customform