• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Poor Misguided Soul

bayboy42

imported post

FROM THE DAILY MESS...

Control more guns

November 19, 2007

Every time someone writes in about controlling guns I can look forward to at least three or four letters from National Rifle Association members. They only talk of the Constitution and what their rights are. They sound as if soldiers and law enforcement officers will be pounding on their door confiscating all weapons immediately. They don't talk about the dummies with guns that leave them out so children can be maimed or killed. They don't talk of the many young folks who are shooting each other. They don't talk about the innocent clerks who are killed during a robbery. They don't talk about the mentally deranged who can purchase weapons. They also don't talk about the police officers who are being killed in the line of duty.

What they miss is the word "control." Control the number of guns that are getting on the street, control who can buy a gun. This is what most of the folks who write in are talking about. Not the elimination of guns..

We need laws that will close the loopholes that existing laws have. I have three handguns in my home. I have been a member of the NRA. I learned gun safety from a gun enthusiast way back when. Guns used in the right way are one of our American privileges.

J. W. Pollard [/i]

Seaford [/i]

With gunowners like this.....who needs antis :lol:

EDIT - Here ya go vmathis - http://www.dailypress.com/news/opinion/dp-public-letters2,0,1914532.customform

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

What they miss is the word "control." Control the number of guns that are getting on the street, control who can buy a gun. This is what most of the folks who write in are talking about. Not the elimination of guns.. We need laws that will close the loopholes that existing laws have. I have three handguns in my home. I have been a member of the NRA. I learned gun safety from a gun enthusiast way back when. Guns used in the right way are one of our American privileges

NDC. {no damn comment}
I'm on my good behavior today :X

Marco

imported post

SNIP/EDIT:
Guns are one of our American privileges.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Well I certainly think it's time for as many people in the area as possible to write in a letter to the editor of this paper and set this guy straight. Hell, if the original poster will link an email address, I'll do it.