• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restrictions on what I can carry

Recondo

imported post

I own 5 handguns, including an FN 5.7. Is there any ban on carrying this weapon? I know there was a shootout in Ohio where a guy used one on some police officers, but I don't know if I can carry it here, either due to the extended ammo capacity, or just the size and velocity of the round.

Deovin1

imported post

Absolutely! Carry that gun with pride, not because it was used against the police, but because this one is used on the side of the law! (I do recommend glocks though :p) It is perfectly legal to carry that gun in Oregon.

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

I heard that the only ammo that they sell to civilians is pretty watered down though. Plus the tiny bullet would make it pretty hit or miss when it comes to stopping a bad guy. It's really only useful for BG's with body armor, but then the manufacture won't sell ammo that can penetrate sof body armor relibably to civilians.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

OT: a little

I have never been a Glock fan, mainly because my dad wasn't. I fondled my first G23 this afternoon, and even though it's chambered in the whimpy 9mm, I really like the feel of it. I might buy one. Or maybe the subcompact version (like 26 or 27 right?), as I really want a smaller pocket auto.

Deovin1

imported post

Uh...if it was the 23 it wasn't 9mm. It would have been 40 cal. The Glock 19 is 9mm though. Anyhow, I have fallen in love with the feel of the midsized glock and I don't think I will ever go to anything else.

Bodhi

imported post

I highly recommend the Glock 26 if you like 9, or the 27 if you like .40.

I have never been happier than when I got mine, I got the 27 because I also have a 22 model and so they both take 40s . Its the ultimate in hide out guns.

You wont be sorry.

Bodhi

Recondo

imported post

I personally love my 23, but I also have a 4 inch XD chambered in .45 that is extremely fun to shoot. After shooting a few hundred rounds throughmy XD, i noticed the trigger work is a little smoother, and now my glock feels a little bit clunky. Doesn't mean I still won't carry my glock, it's a nail driver and couple that with my CTC lazergrip, if I ever have to pull it one someone again, (and actually useit this time)I'm going to ruin their day. But my one true love (besides my M4 with EOTECH) is my 1911A1. I can bang out9 rounds as fast as I can with it at 12 yards and still hit the vital shots.