Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Serpa CQC Crossdraw?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burke/Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    998

    Post imported post

    Firstof all, I finally got a CQC holster for my 1911 on Friday, and I already LOVE it.

    Anyway,once I had it home, I quickly figured out that it can be set up to becomfortably used as a crossdraw holster. My question is this, has anyone OCed with it like this? I'm just interested because I don't think thatI had ever heard anyone else mention it could also be used for crossdraw.

  2. #2
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    I got bored/curious one time and tried it. I didn't like it that much, but it did work. I'm just not a crossdraw guy. If this is how you like to carry, it should be fine.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kirkland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    425

    Post imported post

    Interesting...

    What kind of an angle is the holster at when using it as crossdraw? I've thought about picking up a crossdraw holster for those times when I'll be in the car a lot, but haven't seen many holsters (even crossdraw) that allow a decent draw when seated.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    I don't think it cant's enough to use comfortably as a crossdraw... my wrist is so broken in the draw it hurts to be able to finger the button and then pull straight up.
    -Unrequited

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Springfield, Va, , USA
    Posts
    354

    Post imported post

    VApatriot wrote:
    Firstof all, I finally got a CQC holster for my 1911 on Friday, and I already LOVE it.

    Anyway,once I had it home, I quickly figured out that it can be set up to becomfortably used as a crossdraw holster. My question is this, has anyone OCed with it like this? I'm just interested because I don't think thatI had ever heard anyone else mention it could also be used for crossdraw.
    i did it once as a matter of fact at chipotle in Burke! i will agree that it was very comfortable, however generally do not like the idea of cross draw. Were you using the belt or the "non removeable" (cause with my 1.75" Belt it's nearly impossible to get off!) paddle?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    275

    Post imported post

    Cue-Ball wrote:
    Interesting...

    What kind of an angle is the holster at when using it as crossdraw? I've thought about picking up a crossdraw holster for those times when I'll be in the car a lot, but haven't seen many holsters (even crossdraw) that allow a decent draw when seated.
    Well, the cant is adjustable, to a certain extent. I don't like crossdraw, so I don't use it, but you can cant it pretty far.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burke/Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    998

    Post imported post

    KodiakISGOOD wrote:
    VApatriot wrote:
    Firstof all, I finally got a CQC holster for my 1911 on Friday, and I already LOVE it.

    Anyway,once I had it home, I quickly figured out that it can be set up to becomfortably used as a crossdraw holster. My question is this, has anyone OCed with it like this? I'm just interested because I don't think thatI had ever heard anyone else mention it could also be used for crossdraw.
    i did it once as a matter of fact at chipotle in Burke! i will agree that it was very comfortable, however generally do not like the idea of cross draw. Were you using the belt or the "non removeable" (cause with my 1.75" Belt it's nearly impossible to get off!) paddle?
    I was using and havefound that I like the paddle better. My favorite belt is quite thick and I have another with studs, so threading them through is darn near impossible. And, the fact that even while using both handswith my pants off I still have trouble getting the paddle off my belt makes me sure that it won't be going anywhere I don't want it to go.

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    I've come across some articles or reports by respected names that cross-draw puts your arm where a bad guy can prevent your draw with one hand while he attacks or shoots with the other.

    I think Masaad Ayoob had some stuff on this. And maybe Bill Jordan. I can't recall if Jordan had photo demonstrations of prevented draw or the bad gun being able to draw your gun, one or the other in his book, "No Second Place Winner."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burke/Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    998

    Post imported post

    Citizen wrote:
    I've come across some articles or reports by respected names that cross-draw puts your arm where a bad guy can prevent your draw with one hand while he attacks or shoots with the other.

    I think Masaad Ayoob had some stuff on this. And maybe Bill Jordan. I can't recall if Jordan had photo demonstrations of prevented draw or the bad gun being able to draw your gun, one or the other in his book, "No Second Place Winner."
    Iam well aware that there are several tactical draw-backs to crossdraw. I think that the only time I would actually use crossdraw would be if I knew I would be spending a long time sitting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •