• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Serpa CQC Crossdraw?

VApatriot

imported post

Firstof all, I finally got a CQC holster for my 1911 on Friday, and I already LOVE it. :monkey

Anyway,once I had it home, I quickly figured out that it can be set up to becomfortably used as a crossdraw holster. My question is this, has anyone OCed with it like this? I'm just interested because I don't think thatI had ever heard anyone else mention it could also be used for crossdraw.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

I got bored/curious one time and tried it. I didn't like it that much, but it did work. I'm just not a crossdraw guy. If this is how you like to carry, it should be fine.

Cue-Ball

imported post

Interesting...

What kind of an angle is the holster at when using it as crossdraw? I've thought about picking up a crossdraw holster for those times when I'll be in the car a lot, but haven't seen many holsters (even crossdraw) that allow a decent draw when seated.

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
Firstof all, I finally got a CQC holster for my 1911 on Friday, and I already LOVE it. :monkey

Anyway,once I had it home, I quickly figured out that it can be set up to becomfortably used as a crossdraw holster. My question is this, has anyone OCed with it like this? I'm just interested because I don't think thatI had ever heard anyone else mention it could also be used for crossdraw.
i did it once as a matter of fact at chipotle in Burke! i will agree that it was very comfortable, however generally do not like the idea of cross draw. Were you using the belt or the "non removeable" (cause with my 1.75" Belt it's nearly impossible to get off!) paddle?

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
Interesting...

What kind of an angle is the holster at when using it as crossdraw? I've thought about picking up a crossdraw holster for those times when I'll be in the car a lot, but haven't seen many holsters (even crossdraw) that allow a decent draw when seated.
Well, the cant is adjustable, to a certain extent. I don't like crossdraw, so I don't use it, but you can cant it pretty far.

VApatriot

imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
VApatriot wrote:

i did it once as a matter of fact at chipotle in Burke! i will agree that it was very comfortable, however generally do not like the idea of cross draw. Were you using the belt or the "non removeable" (cause with my 1.75" Belt it's nearly impossible to get off!) paddle?
I was using and havefound that I like the paddle better. My favorite belt is quite thick and I have another with studs, so threading them through is darn near impossible. And, the fact that even while using both handswith my pants off I still have trouble getting the paddle off my belt makes me sure that it won't be going anywhere I don't want it to go.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've come across some articles or reports by respected names that cross-draw puts your arm where a bad guy can prevent your draw with one hand while he attacks or shoots with the other.

I think Masaad Ayoob had some stuff on this. And maybe Bill Jordan. I can't recall if Jordan had photo demonstrations of prevented draw or the bad gun being able to draw your gun, one or the other in his book, "No Second Place Winner."

VApatriot

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I've come across some articles or reports by respected names that cross-draw puts your arm where a bad guy can prevent your draw with one hand while he attacks or shoots with the other.

I think Masaad Ayoob had some stuff on this. And maybe Bill Jordan. I can't recall if Jordan had photo demonstrations of prevented draw or the bad gun being able to draw your gun, one or the other in his book, "No Second Place Winner."
Iam well aware that there are several tactical draw-backs to crossdraw. I think that the only time I would actually use crossdraw would be if I knew I would be spending a long time sitting.