• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now we have their attention...

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Just read that entire thread and it's stifling how those people are so dead set on denying people their rights and ignoring law. They truely believe that the 'spirit' of the law and their person views outweights the letter of the law that people live by.

Makes me glad I live in the slightly less police state of Delaware, heh.

imported post

CO's do not have the authority nor are they trianed to do so. However they are Trained to "Tell on you" but knowing many of them as being lazy babysitters and not wanting to have to write a non-templated report. chances are in your favor they will just ignore you. or in the worse case scenario, call the local PD and report what they saw. trust me the last thing they want to do is extra "work" if they are not getting paid for it.

TBJ

imported post

What's frightening me is how little they know about California law regarding CCW's. Yet, they think they know it all!

Unless limited by the conditions a sheriff may print on a CCW, they are valid throughout California - not restricted to the issuing county. And that's just one error. Also, they clearly have never heard of People v. Clark.

If you ask me, they either need some seriouscontinuing education, or perhapsa piece of duct tape around their mouths.

Decoligny

imported post

TBJ wrote:
What's frightening me is how little they know about California law regarding CCW's. Yet, they think they know it all!

Unless limited by the conditions a sheriff may print on a CCW, they are valid throughout California - not restricted to the issuing county. And that's just one error. Also, they clearly have never heard of People v. Clark.

If you ask me, they either need some seriouscontinuing education, or perhapsa piece of duct tape around their mouths.
As you have probably seen from the posts, I have tried, but this is another exapme of how it's almost impossible to educate those who are only confused by the facts.