• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What scares you the most, open carry or concealed carry?

swatpro911

imported post

Please share your thoughts, for me neither idea scares me. The people I fear are the criminals that carry gun to s to rob stores and things and don't mind shooting people. Law abiding gun owners-concealed or not concern me not at all.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Trolling.

Don't fear instrumentalities, but fear the evil man weilding the instrumentality.

This is why the 'man shoots dog' thread goes on so. The responsibility for evil can be shifted and argued. Is the dog willful and is the man responsible?

Which do you fear most, thunder or lightning, hate or ignorance, the demos or the elite ad nauseam?

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

What a question. Seems way too many people spend their life being scared!

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

It doesn't "scare" me per say, but I would say that CC "concerns" me the most, because then I don't know who's armed. Which is a right (if you have a CHP). however if you don't have a CHP, then you aren't a law abiding citizen, and I would not feel comfortable, if I knew. But how would I know? I wouldn't. See, that's why CC "concerns" me, and OC I'm completely comfortable with. I don't think a "gansta" is going to OC, in a holster. Most likely he'll be CCing in his pants, with his XXXXXL shirt over it.

TEX1N

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Trolling.

Don't fear instrumentalities, but fear the evil man weilding the instrumentality.

This is why the 'man shoots dog' thread goes on so. The responsibility for evil can be shifted and argued. Is the dog willful and is the man responsible?

Which do you fear most, thunder or lightning, hate or ignorance, the demos or the elite ad nauseam?

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.
+1 Out of your choices I'd say the last one is much more common on this forum!

TEX1N

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
It doesn't "scare" me per say, but I would say that CC "concerns" me the most, because then I don't know who's armed. Which is a right (if you have a CHP). however if you don't have a CHP, then you aren't a law abiding citizen, and I would not feel comfortable, if I knew. But how would I know? I wouldn't. See, that's why CC "concerns" me, and OC I'm completely comfortable with. I don't think a "gansta" is going to OC, in a holster. Most likely he'll be CCing in his pants, with his XXXXXL shirt over it.
I'm tempeted to go after you for stating that CC is a right only if you have a CHP! But I think I'll just go easy and note that it's either a right or it's not...and there's no in-between!

swatpro911

imported post

Guns in wrong hands scare me, those who hardly train are dangerous! regardless to whom or what. I am talking about scumbags, dirt bags out there. When I see my gf touching my weapon that scares me, law abiding citizens with CHP doesnt scare me. You know where I am getting at?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Improper or dangerous handling of firearms.

Know-it-all's which I would also refer to glory boys. You know.. the types that think they know everything there is to know about firearms and therefore can ignore proper handling technique and/or impart bogus information to the lesser knowledgeable types, thereby infusing all manner of crap in the minds of people who do not know any better.

TrueBrit

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Carny carry scares me. :uhoh:

Sarge,

Please tell me, what is "carny carry"? Never heard of it before!

Israeli and Mexican carry, hillbilly speed loaders and sideways sights on ghetto Glocks I understand, but this is a new one on me!

Many thanks,

TrueBrit.