• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What scares you the most, open carry or concealed carry?

swatpro911

imported post

not everyone has to be qualified by DCJS standard but if i give my weapon to somebody to shoot I make sure they are qualified and see some ID. Other wise they can get their own gun not mine.

expvideo

imported post

I this your airsoft gun that you don't let your girlfriend touch? Just wondering, after that little ordeal in the "Open Carry Arsenal" thread.

TEX1N

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
not everyone has to be qualified by DCJS standard but if i give my weapon to somebody to shoot I make sure they are qualified and see some ID. Other wise they can get their own gun not mine.
<sorry sigguy229, I couldn't resist either!>

What exactly are the DCJS standards for handgun safety?!? Also, just out of pure curiosity, what are good does an ID do you? I mean it's not like you can run the person through NICS!

If your girlfriend really scares you when she "touches" a handgun, then why don't you teach her the proper way to handle and shoot a handgun???

swatpro911

imported post

Checking ID will tell me whom I am speaking with, if name matches up with someone runnign from justice, I would have time to react and notify the authority. Also you get to tell whether he is from around here or not. So you can barr him/her unpon probable cause for trespassing. Please please dont get mad at me. I dont make these rules. I appreciate what you guys do and always will.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Swatpro, most of what you're saying isn't making sense, and some of it is just completely off the wall. Is there something we should know about that makes communication difficult for you? Is your first language not english?

I'm not trying to make fun of you, man, but you're asking super random questions and throwing in poorly worded advertisements for 5.11....somethings just not right here. Are we missing something?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
Checking ID will tell me whom I am speaking with, if name matches up with someone runnign from justice, I would have time to react and notify the authority. Also you get to tell whether he is from around here or not. So you can barr him/her unpon probable cause for trespassing. Please please dont get mad at me. I dont make these rules. I appreciate what you guys do and always will.
How the hell does that work? You're at the firing range talking to the guys and as usual, guys are trying out each other's firearms (at least that is typical on the few ranges I go to) and you are going to do what?

"Excuse me, before I let you handle my firearm I'm going to have to ask for some identification. See I have an encyclopedic knowledge of every fugitive from justice in a 4 state area and if you are one of those people I will have to detain you until we can summon the authorities."

And who's going to get mad at you?

And who's rules are these you are enforcing?

And in general what the hell are you talking about?

I am soooo confused!:uhoh:

MetalChris

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
Mike, I smell a troll.

IP ban very much? :p

TEX1N

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
LOL!!! I would have to agree with DreQo and deepdiver on this one!

I just don't have the words. Although this has to be the most quotable thing you've posted to date!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Swatpro, most of what you're saying isn't making sense, and some of it is just completely off the wall. Is there something we should know about that makes communication difficult for you? Is your first language not english?

I'm not trying to make fun of you, man, but you're asking super random questions and throwing in poorly worded advertisements for 5.11....somethings just not right here. Are we missing something?

DreQo...I think we need to tell swatpro911that DRUGS, ALCOHOL, GUNS and COMPUTERS don't mix very well.

Now WAAAIT A MINUTE...He just fund a way to use ATF, ALL at the same time:celebrate

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
Guns in wrong hands scare me, those who hardly train are dangerous! regardless to whom or what. I am talking about scumbags, dirt bags out there. When I see my gf touching my weapon that scares me, law abiding citizens with CHP doesnt scare me. You know where I am getting at?
How do you know which ones are the "wrong" hands? I have a CC license that required ZERO training, am I scary or not? I wear a black leather jacket, have a shaved head and carry a gun. I've also been in the military, worked in Law Enforcement and have passed more background checks than I can count. Am I goodguy or a "scumbag"? Why does someone need to have a CHP to be a law abiding citizen? Who says that a CC'er can't turn bad? Every badguy was a goodguy until he crossed the line.

What do you do to your girlfriend that makes you afraid of her holding a gun? My blind wife, teenage daughter and six year old daughter all know how to shoot - because I taught them. Why aren't you teaching your girlfriend to shoot so she can defend herself and you?

I think you are making presumptions that may not stand up to the facts.

LoveMyCountry

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote
I think you are making presumptions that may not stand up to the facts.
Facts? I thought it was all about attitudes and opinions!
Don't confuse me with facts!
:)
Yata hey

swatpro911

imported post

Through training you guys will find out how to profile people, how to tell wether he/she is capable of turning against you or not. Until then I won't say nothing. Do you guys hate me or something? I support OCDO, I used to be member in Packing.org. Dont forget that!

swatpro911

imported post

if I see somebody CCing I would take extra caution when approching that individual or just to chat with him/her. I would make sure who he/she is my any means and once checks out i will feel sense of relief. Thats jut my opinion.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
if I see somebody CCing I would take extra caution when approching that individual or just to chat with him/her. I would make sure who he/she is my any means and once checks out i will feel sense of relief. Thats jut my opinion.

Hey swatpro911,

Saying stuff like this and many other things thru out your posts. Next time I approach you in Vegas I believe that I need to bring with me SWAT for my protection from YOU.

You need to be on your own little island in the Pacific, and I bet we all will pitch in and buy you one.We will arrange it sothat you can never leave it either. Damn I didn't know that there were so stupid "cop-wanna-bees" out there. I doesn't make ANY sense why you would approach a person who is OCing. If you were to just for no apparent reason would walk up to me being armed and just start talking like your posts are written, I would call 911. And I would report a lunatic with a gun just approached me for no reason and I fear him to be a threat to society. Send SWAT NOW ON THE DOUBLE. ALL UNITS TO xxxxxxxxaddress lunatic with a gun.

swatpro911. Get the Hell away from this site. You have no business being here. The ONLY thing you are certified for is to be a TROLL.