Thread: reloading brass

Post imported post

Is there a place to trade in your empty brass for reloaded brass at a reduced rate? Where can I do this?

Does anyone straight up buy empty casings?

Post imported post

What caliber do you got? A trip to VA might be in order...

I think some ammo manufacturers might pay for casings. When I was taking a trap & skeet class last year, my instructor sent the empties back to Winchester and I believe they either sent ammo or a rebate back.

Post imported post

Actually, this is a good point. I wouldn't mind selling off my brass, or trading it in.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

State Researcher

Post imported post

These guys do it for Law Enforcement. If you had enough, they might do it for you.
    http://www.ultramaxammunition.com/law/index.php

LoveMyCountry

Post imported post

ama-gi wrote:
    Is there a place to trade in your empty brass for reloaded brass at a reduced rate? Where can I do this?

Does anyone straight up buy empty casings?
    I've purchased brass on gunbroker.com before, so there are folks out there who will buy it. I don't personally know of anyone who gives a discount on reloaded ammo for returned brass, though - but that doesn't mean that no such opportunity exists.

If you have any .44 magnum, 10mm, or 454 Casull, PM me - I'll buy it from you and pay shipping. I have enough 9mm, .40 and .45, and .357 magnum for the moment, though.

State Researcher

Post imported post

You can always take it to the recycling center, they will buy it from you... prices aren't great though. Would take a while before you get a "free" box of ammo.

Post imported post

Save your brass and buy a used single station press, the money you spend on reloading will pay for itself shortly, depending on how much you shoot. I buy all my componants in bulk for savings, but I also load and shoot close to 1K a week. What kind of brass do you have, I reload for several buddies even if it is a caliber I do not own, I might be interested.

Post imported post

Stape wrote:
    Save your brass and buy a used single station press, the money you spend on reloading will pay for itself shortly, depending on how much you shoot. I buy all my componants in bulk for savings, but I also load and shoot close to 1K a week. What kind of brass do you have, I reload for several buddies even if it is a caliber I do not own, I might be interested.
    Yeah, I saved up all of my brass from shooting even when I had no intention of reloading. Now that I'm starting to reload, I have a gigantic supply of brass.