• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

reloading brass

imperialism2024

imported post

What caliber do you got? A trip to VA might be in order... :)

I think some ammo manufacturers might pay for casings. When I was taking a trap & skeet class last year, my instructor sent the empties back to Winchester and I believe they either sent ammo or a rebate back.

jimwyant

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
Is there a place to trade in your empty brass for reloaded brass at a reduced rate? Where can I do this?

Does anyone straight up buy empty casings?

I've purchased brass on gunbroker.com before, so there are folks out there who will buy it. I don't personally know of anyone who gives a discount on reloaded ammo for returned brass, though - but that doesn't mean that no such opportunity exists.

If you have any .44 magnum, 10mm, or 454 Casull, PM me - I'll buy it from you and pay shipping. I have enough 9mm, .40 and .45, and .357 magnum for the moment, though.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

You can always take it to the recycling center, they will buy it from you... prices aren't great though. Would take a while before you get a "free" box of ammo.

Stape

imported post

Save your brass and buy a used single station press, the money you spend on reloading will pay for itself shortly, depending on how much you shoot. I buy all my componants in bulk for savings, but I also load and shoot close to 1K a week. What kind of brass do you have, I reload for several buddies even if it is a caliber I do not own, I might be interested.

imperialism2024

imported post

Stape wrote:
Save your brass and buy a used single station press, the money you spend on reloading will pay for itself shortly, depending on how much you shoot. I buy all my componants in bulk for savings, but I also load and shoot close to 1K a week. What kind of brass do you have, I reload for several buddies even if it is a caliber I do not own, I might be interested.

Yeah, I saved up all of my brass from shooting even when I had no intention of reloading. Now that I'm starting to reload, I have a gigantic supply of brass.