• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hmm, this may seem like a stupid question

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DAMNIT! This is SGT Jensen, logged in as packingmama. oops!

Since everybody will most likely tell you it is too "tacticool" to wear a thigh rig, let me be the first (and possibly only) to say go for it. Here is a pic of mine. As far as legality in Arizona??? Better research that one.

4722413.jpg

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Ah, thats better! Thats what I get for using my wife's computer. :p Anyways, I usually hip carry, but I like this set up for use with winter coats.

radwood

imported post

As long as it's in some kind of holster you're fine.

ARS 13-3102 (F):
...carried in a belt holster which holster is wholly or partially visible, or carried in a scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons which scabbard or case is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage...

I'm pretty sure you can't carry as a minor, though.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As long as the holster is totally visible, It's cool to carry in a tactical rig such as that. Just be 18 when you do it. You might catch some flak for it looking too swat team but they will get over it.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

Just pimp it out and get rid of the tactical part of "tacticool". Neon colors and chrome buckles. Of course it would help if you looked like Laura Croft. :cool:

LoveMyCountry

FogRider

imported post

I've been wearing the same Blackhawk thigh rig as shown in SGT Jensen's pic. I have only had one comment on it, and that was by a guy who didn't know a thigh holster was legal and repeatedly stated he was going to be carrying as soon as he turned 21. As for the "tacticool" look, I don't really care if anyone thinks that, it is the only good way I have to get it below my coat.

swift

imported post

Generally as long as the holster is visible it is considered open carry so you should be fine. Below is the actual wording which technically does specify "belt holster" but I would argue that your holster is still attached to your belt - it just hangs down a bit lower than usual & is also tied to your leg to keep it secure - my guess is you'd be fine:

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/03102.htm
13-3102. Misconduct involving weapons; defenses; classification; definitions
A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:

1. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 except a pocket knife concealed on his person; or

2. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 concealed within immediate control of any person in or on a means of transportation; or

. . .

F. Subsection A, paragraph 1 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a belt holster which holster is wholly or partially visible, or carried in a scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons which scabbard or case is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage. Subsection A, paragraph 2 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a case, holster, scabbard, pack or luggage that is carried within a means of transportation or within a storage compartment, map pocket, trunk or glove compartment of a means of transportation.