• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New firearms project started last week

txpowerdude

imported post

In an effort to help maintain individuals' 2nd Amendment rights, a new, free site opened last week (11-11-07) dedicated to helping people buy or sell firearms from/to people IN THEIR OWN STATE. As it turns out, it's legal in many states to buy/sell/trade firearms between INDIVIDUALS without having to register the transaction nor to report it to any government agency. There is no charge to post to, or browse, the site.

It can be found at http://www.internet-grocer.net/cgi/classif/classifieds.cgi

The site's new, so there are not yet a lot of weapons listed ... but spread the word and this could become a valuable tool.

Bruce H.
http://www.secure-power.com
foodstr3 AT gmail.com

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I have a little beef with gunbroker. I live on my boat and use the free wi-fi at the marina. I do not have an ISP account and they will not let me register without an ISP email address, nor have I been able to find a way to contact these people. I figure if they don't want me spending thousands of dollars on their website I can shop somewhere else.

TEX1N

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
I have a little beef with gunbroker. I live on my boat and use the free wi-fi at the marina. I do not have an ISP account and they will not let me register without an ISP email address, nor have I been able to find a way to contact these people. I figure if they don't want me spending thousands of dollars on their website I can shop somewhere else.
I'm registered there without an "ISP" email...although it is from a private domain (i.e. not hotmail, yahoo, etc.)

I found this on gun brokers sight concerning registering with none ISP emails:
The ISP Email Address address should not be a Hotmail, Yahoo, Juno, or any number of other freely available email accounts. Our experience is that these freely available email accounts are used by a number of fraudulent buyers and sellers, and if a freely available email address is the only one you want to provide us with then you may place a credit card on file with us so that we may verify your identity.
So that may be an option if you see something on there that you want to buy.

j2l3

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:

Steve, I can help you with that as well. I have my own site and have several email addresses available. Let me know.

John

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Thanks guys, I'll try and find where they let you register with a credit card (I must have missed that) if that don't work, like Ahnold, I'll be back:p

The credit card registration option was there. Strangely enough it was not when I tried to register a couple months back... But they did not ask for a card number from me, just registered my account. Odd... maybe when I bid on something.

AbNo

imported post

Or, problems like yours made them change.

I know I had problems ordering my laptop, since they did not ship to APOs when I first wanted to order.

They changed very quickly after I brought that to their attention. :D