Thread: New guy here

Post imported post

Hello everyone! I've lurked here long enough, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and hope to provide some of my own experiences when that time comes.

I'm going to work on getting my CC to avoid the hassles that OC'ers occasionally have here in Delaware. In my job, I can't afford to be detained at the moment.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Welcome, OneShot -- glad to have another Delawarean check in. Down in Dover, you'll definitely need your CCDW since Dover is one of those places where the anti-gun laws are outside of federal/state exemption because of how early the ordinance was passed.

Hope to see you on here more!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Welcome!

Post imported post

Welcome!

I'm a noob to this board too. Found it once a while ago. Then "rediscovered" it. So, I fig'd I'd better join and post. Otherwise, I'd have to find it again....

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm still a bit leary about open carrying in Delaware, but I find this a great place for activism, news and legal discussions, as well as meeting other folks in my area interested in shooting.

Post imported post

Sorry, a bit late here! But, Welcome aboard from one noob to another!

Post imported post

I see Ijusam OCing alot and find myself more "at ease" when he is. Funny how a little education can make typically awkward situation a blessing.

Post imported post

Hey Delawarians,

I'm in Florida now but still have a house in Middletown. Unfortunately, FL does not have OC but I have my CCW from there and believe me it was alot easier to get than what Wynder has posted about his experience. The great thing is that when I come back to DE my FL CCW is honored in DE.

State Researcher

Post imported post

1911CC wrote:
    Hey Delawarians,

I'm in Florida now but still have a house in Middletown. Unfortunately, FL does not have OC but I have my CCW from there and believe me it was alot easier to get than what Wynder has posted about his experience. The great thing is that when I come back to DE my FL CCW is honored in DE.

As long as your 'official' proof of residency is in Florida yeah... if you have a DE Driver's license and a FL permit, they won't accept that reciprocity. How often are you back in these parts?

Post imported post

Every month, I have a FL driver's license and a FL CCW permit.