• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy here

OneShot

imported post

Hello everyone! I've lurked here long enough, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and hope to provide some of my own experiences when that time comes.

I'm going to work on getting my CC to avoid the hassles that OC'ers occasionally have here in Delaware. In my job, I can't afford to be detained at the moment.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome, OneShot -- glad to have another Delawarean check in. :) Down in Dover, you'll definitely need your CCDW since Dover is one of those places where the anti-gun laws are outside of federal/state exemption because of how early the ordinance was passed.

Hope to see you on here more!

radnor

imported post

Welcome!

I'm a noob to this board too. Found it once a while ago. Then "rediscovered" it. So, I fig'd I'd better join and post. Otherwise, I'd have to find it again....

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I'm still a bit leary about open carrying in Delaware, but I find this a great place for activism, news and legal discussions, as well as meeting other folks in my area interested in shooting. :)

OneShot

imported post

I see Ijusam OCing alot and find myself more "at ease" when he is. Funny how a little education can make typically awkward situation a blessing.

1911CC

imported post

Hey Delawarians,

I'm in Florida now but still have a house in Middletown. Unfortunately, FL does not have OC but I have my CCW from there and believe me it was alot easier to get than what Wynder has posted about his experience. The great thing is that when I come back to DE my FL CCW is honored in DE.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

1911CC wrote:
Hey Delawarians,

I'm in Florida now but still have a house in Middletown. Unfortunately, FL does not have OC but I have my CCW from there and believe me it was alot easier to get than what Wynder has posted about his experience. The great thing is that when I come back to DE my FL CCW is honored in DE.

As long as your 'official' proof of residency is in Florida yeah... if you have a DE Driver's license and a FL permit, they won't accept that reciprocity. How often are you back in these parts?