• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATTN ALL OCDO MEMBERS: Please update your state of residence info!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks, if we gain even about this many folks per day over the next year, we will be almost 10,000 strong!

Here was the article giving us this burst of membership: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07324/835296-85.stm

Keep up the good work, and check your profile - at least tell us your state so that we can report how many OCDO members are from each state when we do press releases.

Thanks!

Mike & John

imperialism2024

imported post

Nice... though how many of those are anti's with a morbid curiosity, or "L"EOs hoping to find out "who all the extremists are"? But, I'll hope that all or most of them are freedom-minded Americans wishing to join our cause.

Got my state and town... If the government wants to track me that badly, listing my town isn't going to slow them down.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Nice... though how many of those are anti's with a morbid curiosity, or "L"EOs hoping to find out "who all the extremists are"?
Huh? The web site is open for review to anyone without registration, even to view attached documents.

imperialism2024

imported post

Mike wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
Nice... though how many of those are anti's with a morbid curiosity, or "L"EOs hoping to find out "who all the extremists are"?
Huh? The web site is open for review to anyone without registration, even to view attached documents.
Fair enough, I'll admit I entirely forgot that it wasn't necessary to register in order to view the forums. It's just been so long... :shock:

sccrref

imported post

It may be helpful on the profile page to have city & state vice city only. I have updated my profile to include my state of residence.

MetalChris

imported post

sccrref wrote:
It may be helpful on the profile page to have city & state vice city only. I have updated my profile to include my state of residence.

You can do city and state separately...

The "State" option is in the drop-down menu above the "City" text box.

unrequited

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Weird, the State drop-down box doesn't load in Opera.

It does in Firefox, though.

Then again, PMs don't work in Opera. (FF is ok, though)
I thought I was the only one using Opera... Every time I get a PM I have to load up microsoft's evil browser.

nickerj1

imported post

FTA:

"Good Lord," Mr. Rendell said, "under one gun a month, you as an ordinary citizen can buy 12 a year. It you're married you can buy 24 a year. Who would need more handguns?" And it doesn't affect the purchase of rifles, he added.

So why in blazes are you trying to get it passed, if it isn't going to do anything?

AbNo

imported post

unrequited wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Weird, the State drop-down box doesn't load in Opera.

It does in Firefox, though.

Then again, PMs don't work in Opera. (FF is ok, though)
I thought I was the only one using Opera... Every time I get a PM I have to load up microsoft's evil browser.

Nope. Firefox. :celebrate

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
IE only for transactions with M$/N and because it is integral with Windoze. When WinXP is obsoleted then I will be on a Linux distro. http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt
XP has been obsolete since it was introduced....this is evident by all the patches to fix all the "holes" that came in all the upgrades......which started before XP was "on the shelf".
Just one of those things to make you wonder.......anytime you access a M$ server, it sits "behind" a Linux server that has the "net" connection......M$ servers have no direct connection to the net. This was the only solution they could find to keep "Blaster" from wrecking their system a few years back.
I switched to PCLinuxOS about 2 years ago... http://www.pclinuxos.com/ ....one of the best computer related decisions that I've EVER made.
For an idea of how significant that is, my first computer was considered fast at 12Mhz (yes, twelve Mhz), had 384K...that is K, not M, of RAM and no hard drive......and, no such thing as M$ Windoze then.
If you have any questions that I might answer regarding my "swap-over"...drop me a PM
BTW...Mozilla Firefox is a great replacement for IE if you have a need to stay with "doze".

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

I would also like to add that I have noticed the following.

Not everyone from Indiana is showing when you click on the map "Indiana", only the people from "Indiana, USA" show up. Anyone else noticed this?