Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Ever hear of photoshop?

  1. #1
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,441

    Post imported post

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/6079.html

    You people actually think that he posted Rendell's ACTUAL LTCF
    :quirky

    I mean, look at the picture! It's a studio pic. Good grief!





  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Yeah, that occurred to me, but I went along with it. Can't rise up against King Edward, nope nope. The state publishes the personal information of sex offenders who, at the most, harm a few dozen people. Yet we can't post a fake SSN for a criminal who has harmed many more people, and is actively trying to cause the harm of many more. But alas, we must resist by using fair tactics, because surely King Edward's gaggle uses fair tactics to disarm Pennsylvanians and halt intrastate transportation.

  3. #3
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    Pa. Patriot wrote:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/6079.html

    You people actually think that he posted Rendell's ACTUAL LTCF
    :quirky

    I mean, look at the picture! It's a studio pic. Good grief!
    Regardless of what it is, it was a bad idea! Thanks to the dedicated men and women who are members of OCDO, we have become VERY VISIBLE to the gun-rights community, the press and to THOSE WHO OPPOSE OUR POSITIONS.

    Yesterday, this posting detracted from the pure joy we should have been experiencing due to the strong pro-gun showing in the PA Legislature.

    We are ALL in the public eye and we should represent ourselves accordingly. It is up to US to shape how visitors to this site see gun owners.


  4. #4
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    But alas, we must resist by using fair tactics, because surely King Edward's gaggle uses fair tactics to disarm Pennsylvanians and halt intrastate transportation.
    I understand your point, but ... YES ... we must assume the high road and prosecute our attack on gun control using tactics that make it clear we are a legitimate PART of the system.

    We cannot afford to allow the anti's to marginalize us!!!

    We must be a POLITICAL force, with reasoned arguments that will sway middle of the road citizens to see our point of view.



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    10

    Post imported post

    Holy smoke!........I posted that obvious photchop as a way to illustrate Ed Rendell's hypocrisy , using humor and sarcasm.

    I failed to realize that so many on this forum lack a grasp of either.

    The only things real were an old skinny pic of Big Ed and the address of the Gov. Mansion

    I should have just posted a pic of his huge armed posse.

    As a political statement I think it is protected by this thing called the Constitution.




  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Neobayer wrote:
    Holy smoke!........I posted that obvious photchop as a way to illustrate Ed Rendell's hypocrisy , using humor and sarcasm.

    I failed to realize that so many on this forum lack a grasp of either.

    The only things real were an old skinny pic of Big Ed and the address of the Gov. Mansion

    I should have just posted a pic of his huge armed posse.

    As a political statement I think it is protected by this thing called the Constitution.
    Thanks for clearing it up.

    I understand your points. In a better world, perhaps they are the only things to have to consider.

    In the current world, a cop gets to justifiably shoot ayoung man with ahairbrushbecause he can't tell if its a real gun, but it might be. Not a perfect analogy, I know; but, I think it works well enough to convey the idea.

    The Constitution only protects as far as the agreement of the people who have to follow it. That still leaves a wide lane for anti-OC 2A'ers, anti-gunners, PA law-enforcement, test cases, etc.

    I realize it wasn't meant to cause a storm. Hang in there. We learn as we go in life.


    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  7. #7
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    Neobayer wrote:
    Holy smoke!........I posted that obvious photchop as a way to illustrate Ed Rendell's hypocrisy , using humor and sarcasm.
    It wasn't obvious to a lot of people and that is what lead to the uproar. I suppose in hindsight, it is more obvious, but you did a good job of it and many people zoomed in on the fact that there was an SSN on the permit to the exclusion of everything else. It kind of took on a life of its own from there.


    Neobayer wrote:
    As a political statement I think it is protected by this thing called the Constitution.
    I will not dispute this statement as you are indeed correct. However, because it was not seen as a photoshop, it wasn't initially recognized as a political statement and the responses (from others and from me) were based on thinking it was real and that his SSN (read: privacy) had been violated on the forum.

    I apologize if you feel I over reacted but I spent HOURS last night dealing with the firestorm that this posting generated and I fell into tired and grumpy mode.

  8. #8
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,441

    Post imported post

    I have no problem with the notion of keeping the image of OCDO on the up and up.
    And I'm not commenting either way on the actions of the mods (hey, it's their board)

    I just fail to see where reasonable people would see the photoshopped LTCF as anything other than a photoshopped LTCF.
    IOW, it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.
    Same as if it was a pic of ER on the moon. It's obviously not real... Just the notion that someone could actually attain the copy of an actual LTCF... AAhh, whatever

    In light of the apparent "firestorm" perhaps the original thread should be re-opened and edited to reflect that it is a fake, for the purpose of irony.




  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    jpierce wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    But alas, we must resist by using fair tactics, because surely King Edward's gaggle uses fair tactics to disarm Pennsylvanians and halt intrastate transportation.
    I understand your point, but ... YES ... we must assume the high road and prosecute our attack on gun control using tactics that make it clear we are a legitimate PART of the system.

    We cannot afford to allow the anti's to marginalize us!!!

    We must be a POLITICAL force, with reasoned arguments that will sway middle of the road citizens to see our point of view.
    I understand your opinion and interests in the situation, but respectfully disagree with your methods. The unfortunate truth of the situation is that the anti's have emotion on their side. The anti's can cry, "Look at these evil people! They carry guns! That means they want to kill and eat our babies!" and the people have been socialized to believe this. No matter how much we properly use the system, I believe it will not make a difference for us in the long run if we can't stir up emotion to build support for our side. Reason doesn't build public support... irrational fear and anger does.

    Nonetheless, it's your board, and thus your rules, so I'll follow the philosophy of being a well-behaved OCer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •