• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever hear of photoshop?

imperialism2024

imported post

Yeah, that occurred to me, but I went along with it. Can't rise up against King Edward, nope nope. The state publishes the personal information of sex offenders who, at the most, harm a few dozen people. Yet we can't post a fake SSN for a criminal who has harmed many more people, and is actively trying to cause the harm of many more. But alas, we must resist by using fair tactics, because surely King Edward's gaggle uses fair tactics to disarm Pennsylvanians and halt intrastate transportation.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/6079.html

You people actually think that he posted Rendell's ACTUAL LTCF
:quirky

I mean, look at the picture! It's a studio pic. Good grief!

Regardless of what it is, it was a bad idea! Thanks to the dedicated men and women who are members of OCDO, we have become VERY VISIBLE to the gun-rights community, the press and to THOSE WHO OPPOSE OUR POSITIONS.

Yesterday, this posting detracted from the pure joy we should have been experiencing due to the strong pro-gun showing in the PA Legislature.

We are ALL in the public eye and we should represent ourselves accordingly. It is up to US to shape how visitors to this site see gun owners.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
But alas, we must resist by using fair tactics, because surely King Edward's gaggle uses fair tactics to disarm Pennsylvanians and halt intrastate transportation.
I understand your point, but ... YES ... we must assume the high road and prosecute our attack on gun control using tactics that make it clear we are a legitimate PART of the system.

We cannot afford to allow the anti's to marginalize us!!!

We must be a POLITICAL force, with reasoned arguments that will sway middle of the road citizens to see our point of view.

Neobayer

imported post

Holy smoke!........I posted that obvious photchop as a way to illustrate Ed Rendell's hypocrisy , using humor and sarcasm.

I failed to realize that so many on this forum lack a grasp of either.

The only things real were an old skinny pic of Big Ed and the address of the Gov. Mansion

I should have just posted a pic of his huge armed posse.

As a political statement I think it is protected by this thing called the Constitution.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Neobayer wrote:
Holy smoke!........I posted that obvious photchop as a way to illustrate Ed Rendell's hypocrisy , using humor and sarcasm.

I failed to realize that so many on this forum lack a grasp of either.

The only things real were an old skinny pic of Big Ed and the address of the Gov. Mansion

I should have just posted a pic of his huge armed posse.

As a political statement I think it is protected by this thing called the Constitution.

Thanks for clearing it up.

I understand your points. In a better world, perhaps they are the only things to have to consider.

In the current world, a cop gets to justifiably shoot ayoung man with ahairbrushbecause he can't tell if its a real gun, but it might be. Not a perfect analogy, I know; but, I think it works well enough to convey the idea.

The Constitution only protects as far as the agreement of the people who have to follow it. That still leaves a wide lane for anti-OC 2A'ers, anti-gunners, PA law-enforcement, test cases, etc.

I realize it wasn't meant to cause a storm. Hang in there. We learn as we go in life.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Neobayer wrote:
It wasn't obvious to a lot of people and that is what lead to the uproar. I suppose in hindsight, it is more obvious, but you did a good job of it and many people zoomed in on the fact that there was an SSN on the permit to the exclusion of everything else. It kind of took on a life of its own from there.

Neobayer wrote:
I will not dispute this statement as you are indeed correct. However, because it was not seen as a photoshop, it wasn't initially recognized as a political statement and the responses (from others and from me) were based on thinking it was real and that his SSN (read: privacy) had been violated on the forum.

I apologize if you feel I over reacted but I spent HOURS last night dealing with the firestorm that this posting generated and I fell into tired and grumpy mode. :)

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

I have no problem with the notion of keeping the image of OCDO on the up and up.
And I'm not commenting either way on the actions of the mods (hey, it's their board)

I just fail to see where reasonable people would see the photoshopped LTCF as anything other than a photoshopped LTCF.
IOW, it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.
Same as if it was a pic of ER on the moon. It's obviously not real... Just the notion that someone could actually attain the copy of an actual LTCF... AAhh, whatever :)

In light of the apparent "firestorm" perhaps the original thread should be re-opened and edited to reflect that it is a fake, for the purpose of irony.

imperialism2024

imported post

jpierce wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
But alas, we must resist by using fair tactics, because surely King Edward's gaggle uses fair tactics to disarm Pennsylvanians and halt intrastate transportation.
I understand your point, but ... YES ... we must assume the high road and prosecute our attack on gun control using tactics that make it clear we are a legitimate PART of the system.

We cannot afford to allow the anti's to marginalize us!!!

We must be a POLITICAL force, with reasoned arguments that will sway middle of the road citizens to see our point of view.
I understand your opinion and interests in the situation, but respectfully disagree with your methods. The unfortunate truth of the situation is that the anti's have emotion on their side. The anti's can cry, "Look at these evil people! They carry guns! That means they want to kill and eat our babies!" and the people have been socialized to believe this. No matter how much we properly use the system, I believe it will not make a difference for us in the long run if we can't stir up emotion to build support for our side. Reason doesn't build public support... irrational fear and anger does.

Nonetheless, it's your board, and thus your rules, so I'll follow the philosophy of being a well-behaved OCer :)