• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

USGI pistol belt and winter carry

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

As the weather in Washington gets worse, I CC more and more. Have thought about strapping one of my USGI pistol belts over my carhart coat and OCing with that. However I can't find a holster for my revolver (six inch security six) that will fit the belt. I have a holster that (I think) will fit for my P89 but haven't tried. I am more interested in putting my revolver and some speed loader pouches on there. Any thoughts?

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Same situation here in N.E. PA.

Honestly, I think the web belt and accoutrement's will make you look like a kook.

Sorry, nothing realy wrong with it but your going to give more kook vibes than normal OC :D

CC is just a part of winter. I just dress normally, with an OWB holster. If I wear a jacket/coat I do make a habit of removing my jacket when I enter someplace fr more than a few minutes, such as shopping or dining though ;)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah, I thought about the kook factor, and am still not sure I would do it, but I would like a holster for the revolver anyway, as I use the belt and a combat vest as my day hiking rig. I can fit everything I want for a day in the pockets on the vest, fasten a canteen or two to the belt, and keep odds and ends in a couple of pouches with ALICE clips. I was given and bought a huge amount of USGI gear from a friend back from Iraq, and a lot of it was ALICE gear, which I can put to good use outdoors, or whatnot, although I want to get some MOLLE gear now.

Of course I live in Olympia Washington. Have you seen the news lately? We have plenty of kooks already. Even with the kook factor of web gear and OCing a large revolver, I think I am going to blend right in with the rest of the nuts. As a plus factor the cops know me...

May have to settle on a thigh rig and use the 9mm...