• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anthony's Home Port Gig Harbor

Ajetpilot

imported post

My wife and I (both in our 60’s) were having dinner at Anthony’s Home Port in Gig Harbor last night. I was seated in a booth with my firearm exposed to other patrons. About halfway through our meal, the people seated nearest to us finished their meal and departed.

Five minutes later, the manager on duty came to our table and asked how our dinner was. Then she mentioned that she had received a complaint about my gun. She went on to say that it was “against state liquor laws” for me to carry a weapon in the restaurant. I explained RCW 9.41.300 to her and assured her that it was perfectly legal to carry a firearm in the restaurant area, and I would never carry it in the bar area downstairs which is off-limits to anyone under twenty-one.

She then asked if I had a “Concealed Weapon Permit”. I assured her that I had a Concealed Pistol License with me, because I would be putting on a coat which covered the firearm before I left.

She said that some people get upset when they see an exposed weapon. I agreed with her and said that was too bad, because it is one of our most important constitutional rights.

She accepted all that and wished me a pleasant dinner. Later, as we were leaving, she wished us a happy Thanksgiving.

At no time did she ask me to leave or to cover my firearm, so all in all things went very well.

expvideo

imported post

That is wonderful that she was so polite to you and didn't try to make you cover up. I would send a letter of appreciation to their corporate office, and let them know that you really appreciate how the manager handled the situation.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I'm glad this was handled politely. Many times the squeaky wheel (the anti-gun, or uninformed crowd) gets the grease. (they get what they want) It would have been great if she would have told them that was your right, and never approached you about it, but that's a pipe dream. :D

Ajetpilot

imported post

expvideo wrote:
That is wonderful that she was so polite to you and didn't try to make you cover up. I would send a letter of appreciation to their corporate office, and let them know that you really appreciate how the manager handled the situation.
Excellent suggestion! Consider it done.

amlevin

imported post

dngreer wrote:
I'm glad this was handled politely. Many times the squeaky wheel (the anti-gun, or uninformed crowd) gets the grease. (they get what they want) It would have been great if she would have told them that was your right, and never approached you about it, but that's a pipe dream. :D
At the time she probably was unaware that it was legal. She is now and will most likely say so the next time some "pruneface" complains.