• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Protectin' and Servin'

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

These cops aren't very aware at the end, talking right next to the road, and I realize they don't have a choice, where to taser people, but then he lets him lay right next to the road with traffic doing well over 40mph...

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Asshole LEO. The driver should have kept his mouth shut about being read his rights. Since he wasn't (as far as the video indicates), he could get his case thrown out and then sue the pants off of this out-of-control cop for everything he can get. The cop appears to be on a power trip and needs to be taken down real quick before he really hurts someone. To bad the driver wasn't able to wrestle the tazer from the cop and tazer his sorry ass.. let him know how it feels.

sjhipple

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Asshole LEO. The driver should have kept his mouth shut about being read his rights. Since he wasn't (as far as the video indicates), he could get his case thrown out and then sue the pants off of this out-of-control cop for everything he can get. The cop appears to be on a power trip and needs to be taken down real quick before he really hurts someone. To bad the driver wasn't able to wrestle the tazer from the cop and tazer his sorry ass.. let him know how it feels.

Where do people get the idea that suing the county and having the citizens' taxes raised is somehow justice when a cop misbehaves??

That's like suing the victim.

IanB

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
I'm not an expert, but this is what I think: Cops DO NOT have to read you your miranda rights on the spot. Most times in a case like this they will read your rights during inprocessing. On the spot miranda warnings mostly are given when someone is arrested and there is not video evidence to back up the facts of the crime (in this case, speeding and not following orders). Example: Joe is suspected of a murder, cops come to his house and arrest him. They would probably read his rights to him during that arrest (at the house).

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://infowars.net/articles/november2007/211107Tased.htm

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Wednesday, Nov 21, 2007

[align=right] [/align]
[align=left]
211107tasered.jpg
A man was tased and arrested on a Utah highway after being stopped by an officer and refusing to sign a speeding ticket because he did not understand what offence he had committed or why he had been pulled over. [/align][align=left]The encounter, captured on the police car camera on September 14th and released this week, is the latest in a long string of incidents involving the unacceptable use of Tasers by officers on citizens whom the evidence reveals are in no way threatening, acting unlawfully or resisting co-operation. [/align][align=left]The video shows the Utah Highway Patrolman pull over Jared Massey and his pregnant wife who also had their baby with them in the car and ask for Mr Massey's license. [/align][align=left] Mr Massey tells the officer he does not understand why he has been stopped or what he is being charged with, at which point the officer orders Massey to get out of the car. The officer then puts down his clipboard and immediately takes out his Taser and points it at Mr Massey without any provocation whatsoever, yelling "Turn around and put your hands behind your back" as Massey attempts to point out the speed limit sign and engage the officer in conversation. [/align][align=left]A shocked Massey asks "what the hell is wrong with you?" and backs away, turning around as the officer had demanded, at which point the officer unleashes 50,000 volts from the Taser into Massey's body, sending him screaming to the ground instantly and causing his wife to jump out of the car and yell hysterically for help. [/align][align=left]Watch the video: [/align][align=left] [/align] [align=left]Lying face down on the ground a shell shocked, Mr Massey says "officer I don't know what you are doing, I don't know why you are doing what you are doing" to which the officer replies "I am placing you under arrest because you did not obey my instruction." [/align][align=left]Mr Massey then once again asks the officer several times why he was stopped and what he is being charged with. He then asks for his rights to be read and points out that the officer cannot arrest him without doing this. Instead of reading Massey his rights the officer then addresses another patrolman who arrives on the scene sardonically commenting "Ohhh he took a ride with the Taser" to which the other officer answers "painful isn't it". [/align][align=left]The icing on the cake comes at the end of the video when the officer LIES to his own colleague about the encounter, clearly stating that he verbally warned Massey he was going to tase him, as is the law, when there was no warning whatsoever. [/align][align=left]Mr Massey is planning to file a lawsuit against the Utah Highway Patrol. He says he was already slowing down as he approached the 40 mile per hour sign in the construction zone outside of vernal. All charges except for the speeding ticket have been dropped. [/align][align=left]This amazing video reveals how eroded civil and constitutional rights have now become. The officer had no legal right to make Massey sign any document he did not understand [/align][align=left]Tasers are supposed to be the last response before lethal action, however, police now use them as if they are batons or pepper spray. [/align][align=left]In the last year over 300 people have died in admitted cases in the US alone from being tased. In the last week alone we have posted three separate stories of Taser deaths. Every week we post stories of incidents, which often feature [/align][align=left][url]http://www.prisonplanet.com&q=taser&sa=Search&sitesearch=[/align][align=left]http://www.prisonplanet.com%3BFORID%3A1&hl=en]old women, children and disabled people[/url] as the victims. The weapons are even being used in schools. [/align]The police are now trained that "pain compliance," a euphemism for torture, is acceptable in apprehending anyone even if that person poses no physical danger. If you electrify any person, they suffer extreme pain and stand a high chance of being killed.
Despite this, idiotic media hacks such as Fox News host Brian Kilmead are happy to promote police state tactics, selling the idea that protestors or people that merely question authority in any way are threatening and should be tased or "beaten to a pulp".
This phenomenon is out of control, how many more acts of wanton police brutality, torture and death by means of tasering are we to endure?
[align=left]Taser use is being abused by police all over the country and beyond as cops are trained that torture is a perfectly acceptable response to somebody who acts out of the ordinary, asks the wrong question or refuses to show their papers. [/align]

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

marine dad wrote:
well,

here's another leo who should be caught out somewhere and beaten with a baseball bat.

Nah. He should just be admonished, administratively corrected/disciplined, andeither fired orretrained on proper police procedure and applicable laws.

Today is a day of thanksgiving and one of the things we can be grateful for is that we are a nation of laws--and not one of brute force to correct wrongs such as the LEO committed.

Seems like you have a history here of proposing asskicking to solve problems--small and large. That's not particularly effective or legal in most cases.

Surely,as a marine who served to protect our nation, our liberty,and our rights as citizens, youmust understand that.

imperialism2024

imported post

The first I noticed with the video is that dashcams aren't that great is recording events... I could barely pick out the conversation when the "L"EO was at the speeder's vehicle.

I forget who was asking me for an instance of someone who was shot by LEOs for speeding, and here's an example... though shot with a less lethal weapon.

As for the content of the video... that kind of speaks for itself. But, as long as police departments teach that Tasers are a means to get compliance ("Sir, please step over here *ZAP*"), incidents like this will be on the rise. It's risk compensation. If they had guns, they know there's a high likelihood of death, so they'll use better judgement.. though still not good judgement at times. With a Taser, the idea is that it is just as useful as a flashlight... you don't like what someone's doing, just zap 'em and it'll all be good.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
The first I noticed with the video is that dashcams aren't that great is recording events... I could barely pick out the conversation when the "L"EO was at the speeder's vehicle.

I forget who was asking me for an instance of someone who was shot by LEOs for speeding, and here's an example... though shot with a less lethal weapon.

As for the content of the video... that kind of speaks for itself. But, as long as police departments teach that Tasers are a means to get compliance ("Sir, please step over here *ZAP*"), incidents like this will be on the rise. It's risk compensation. If they had guns, they know there's a high likelihood of death, so they'll use better judgement.. though still not good judgement at times. With a Taser, the idea is that it is just as useful as a flashlight... you don't like what someone's doing, just zap 'em and it'll all be good.

Well...I think we should ALL get tazers now and as soon as a person does not do what we want them to...*ZAP*. (this is just a joke,Ok)

I can just hear this in a house

-"Go to your room."

-"no"

-"Go to your room NOW"

"NO"

-"Go to your room before I Tazer you"

-"*ZAP*"

or this one

-"Finish your meal"

-"no'

-"Finish your meal NOW"

-"NO"

-"Finish your meal before I Tazer you"

-"*ZAP*"

(These scenarios are meant as jokes and NOT serious at all)

Here is some information that tells us that "If you don't sign, state law does give the trooper the authority to place you under arrest and transport you to jail or to the court to post bail. "

Read this link http://publicsafety.utah.gov/Citations/citations.html.

According to this linkthe UTAHHighway Patrol Officer was100% within the Law.

imperialism2024

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Here is some information that tells us that "If you don't sign, state law does give the trooper the authority to place you under arrest and transport you to jail or to the court to post bail. "

Oh, I understand that it was within their power to arrest him, but I don't see any right to torture...

marine dad

imported post

HankT wrote:
marine dad wrote:
well,

here's another leo who should be caught out somewhere and beaten with a baseball bat.

Nah. He should just be admonished, administratively corrected/disciplined, andeither fired orretrained on proper police procedure and applicable laws.

Today is a day of thanksgiving and one of the things we can be grateful for is that we are a nation of laws--and not one of brute force to correct wrongs such as the LEO committed.

Seems like you have a history here of proposing asskicking to solve problems--small and large. That's not particularly effective or legal in most cases.

Surely,as a marine who served to protect our nation, our liberty,and our rights as citizens, youmust understand that.
I guess those patriots at Lexington and Concord should have simply sought administrative discipline and retraining for their antagonists. Sorry, but I have no faith in a judicial system that is seemingly more concerned with intruding into my personal life and continually chipping away at my freedom. I am not really a violent person, but I am an advocate of "correcting" the actions of power-mad chickenshit out of control leo's.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Imperialism2024 wrote:
And a much more useful thread title and description...

Do you imagine I don't look over the forum for similar posts before I post? "Watch this" and "Hold muh beer" isn't very informative or attractive. My post was intended as a retort (contra response) to the TASER instead of a gun thread.

TASERs were envisioned as a LTL alternative to guns but everybody abused them. The policymakers didn't provide LTL liability for the officers. The officers thought LTL TASERs as 'harmless'. Now they are just as problematical as a pistol.

Last I heard the PD that I was associated with still has not authorized their use - for those reasons.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. LAB/NRA/GOP KMA$$

sjhipple

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:

Is this really complicated to you? Really??? Really??????????!!!!!!!!!

Here, I'll explain what the rest of us are seeing.

The man was out of state. In almost every state, when you sign the way you plead guilty to a ticket is to sign the back and send it in. To most people in the US, SIGNING A TICKET EQUALS PLEADING GUILTY.

Instead of simply taking a minor situation and explaining what was going on, the officer was on a power trip. Instead of saying, "sir, you're required by Utah law to sign this ticket. It's not an admission of guilt, just a way for us to know you received it. If you don't sign it, I'm goign to have to place you under arrest." If he'd have said that and the guy didn't comply, then he should've arrested him (without a taser).

But he didn't do that. He said, "alright step out" in a macho voice and then as the man proceeded to argue (because not all of us are sheeple who jump when someone with a badge says jump) he turned the situation violent in front of the mans pregnant wife and childe for no other reason than he could and he enjoyed it. He then proceeded to completely lie to the next officer on the scene: "he was jumping all over the place" and "I warned him" when he did not warn him...THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!!

The man was NOT violent. The cop was the only violent person in this encounter. The man was obviously scared and jumped away as soon as he saw the gun pointed at him and pleaded "I'm just trying to understand." This man didn't want to fight, he wanted to understand. He wasn't about to be violent...he was upset at what he felt was an unjust ticket that was going to ruin his vacation and he didn't want to admit guilt to it. this did not have to end in a violent encounter and arrest...the only thing this man did was fail to click his heels when told to do something that didn't make sense to him. And god help us if we ever become a nation that starts following orders that don't make sense to us just because an "authority" told us to do so. Do you think we're still in kindergarten??!

The man did nothing wrong...that's why all the charges have been DROPPED!

The cop then leaves the man lying on the side of the road where he could've gotten run over and denies him the opportunity to comfort his sobbing, pregnant wife.

All to keep us safe....not.

And you're fine with it. I can only hope you get tasered one day for no reason so the rest of the narrow-minded, robotic sheeple like youcan clap their hands and say "he deserved it...thank you for keeping me safe, master." :banghead::banghead:

As others have said, the only crime in America anymore is disobedience.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

marine dad wrote:
HankT wrote:
marine dad wrote:
well,

I guess those patriots at Lexington and Concord should have simply sought administrative discipline and retraining for their antagonists. Sorry, but I have no faith in a judicial system that is seemingly more concerned with intruding into my personal life and continually chipping away at my freedom. I am not really a violent person, but I am an advocate of "correcting" the actions of power-mad chickenshit out of control leo's.

This doesn't have anything to do with Lexington or Concord. Straw man.

This has to do with a society and a government that was createdwithin a system of rights and laws. A system that provides a civilized manner and process with which to correct wrongs.

Let the system fix the problem LEO. The sysem is flawed, to be sure. But I certainly trust it more than your vigilante justice approach. Is that what they taught you in the marines? When did you serve? I rather doubt they taught you that. Your barbaric suggestion to beat the cop with a baseball bat brings ill repute not only to OCDO but to the marines as well.

Besides, how in hell do you propose to catch the cop somewhere so that you can beat him with a baseball bat?

marine dad

imported post

hank,

you said:

This has to do with a society and a government that was createdwithin a system of rights and laws. A system that provides a civilized manner and process with which to correct wrongs.

which doesn't work most of the time, and which usually sides with law enforcement in these instances, and the citizen be damned. i wasn't proposing violence to "fix the system", i was stating, and i think i said it clearly, that HE, the individual, power-mad, chickenshit cop SHOULD be caught out and his ass kicked. not that i was going to do it, or would do that, but that that was what he NEEDED.

Let the system fix the problem LEO. The sysem is flawed, to be sure. But I certainly trust it more than your vigilante justice approach.

sorry to disappoint you, but i don't believe in, nor trust , the system. the system is a part of the problem, so how can it correct itself? i trust myself, and those i know i CAN trust. not some system. if someone harms my wife, children, or grandchildren, i don't give a damn what the system does, i'll try my best to make sure they don't do it again. i don't need or care about touchy-feely lectures pointing out my barbarism.

Besides, how in hell do you propose to catch the cop somewhere so that you can beat him with a baseball bat?

i didn't propose to. i stated that was what he needed. nothing more. go eat some turkey