• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dyslexic Student Expelled Over Toy Gnu

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I found this on the SASS site. Enjoy. Catch you all after the weekend.....

from the Daily Redundancy (http://www.dailyredundancy.com/archives/1055.html

WATERBURY, CT - A fourth grade Oakville student has been expelled from a Waterbury school for bringing a toy gnu onto the property. The action falls under the school district's 'zero tolerance' policy, according to administrators. Officials believe the student, who is dyslexic, tried to intentionally break the policy.
stuffed_gnu.jpg

"We're convinced he intended to bring a toy gun." said Meredith Simmons, Principal of Waterbury Elementary. "His reading disability may have confused him about what is prohibited in the policy, but we can't take any chances. That's why it's called zero tolerance."

The expulsion received full approval from the superintendent's office. "We support Principal Simmons' decision." said Milton Decker, Assistant Superintendent. "The toy gnu may seem harmless, but we can't ignore the underlying intent. I seriously doubt any of our students even know what a gnu is."

The student, who requested to remain amomynous, will be eligible for admission next year following a psychological evaluation and sensitivity training. The toy gnu was confiscated and destroyed by janitorial personnel.

markand

imported post

I think the topic of the thread made that kinda obvious...

Oh, and I'm getting a 404 error on that link.

The problem is the link needs to be edited, removing the right parenthesis from the link.

markand

imported post

Perhaps this isn't a second amendment issue at all. We all know the second amendment protects the "right of the people to keep and bear *arms*..." Gnus of course, don't have arms, they have legs...

imperialism2024

imported post

markand wrote:
Perhaps this isn't a second amendment issue at all. We all know the second amendment protects the "right of the people to keep and bear *arms*..." Gnus of course, don't have arms, they have legs...
Which brings up with right to keep and bear rams:

800px-Soay-sheep-arjecahn.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Its gnus to me that we can bear rams. :)

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Of course, if we did it in the past then,

Its gnus to me that we could boar rams.

I bore my ram yesterday.

My ram is bored with all this talk about gnus.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The right to peek and bare gnus shall not be infringed.

"911? There is a man baring a gnu walking down the street!"

"Gnudity isn't a crime, ma'am."

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I guess we really shouldn't worry until the government makes us put fringes on our gnus.

"Just pimping my gnu, Officer. Is there a problem with that? No, its a personal thing. I don't want to bare my gnu in front of anyone who can't get into an R-rated movie by themselves."

PavePusher

imported post

Somehow, I just gnu that peeking at my bare rams would bring me an indecency charge... perhaps I should fire my rams, but I don't want to over-pressure them. The bore of the Boer is a +P ram.

I think I stretched that so farI hurt my neck...