Thread: Why you need a gun while driving

Post imported post

Manassas man charged with assault, robbery

Alan David Bailey, 18, of 8818 Middleburg Court in Manassas, was charged with assaulting one man and robbing another while they were traveling on Bannerwood Drive near Woodbury Drive near Manassas around 4:50 p.m. Monday, said Officer Erika Hernandez, Prince William police spokeswoman.

Police said a 30-year-old Springfield man was driving with a 33-year-old Manassas man when a group of males blocked the path of the vehicle, Hernandez said.

Bailey is accused of punching the driver in the face and robbing the passenger of his wallet, Hernandez said. The driver sustained minor injuries.

Bailey, who was charged with strong-arm robbery and assault and battery, was held without bond. A court date was not available.

The investigation continues, Hernandez said.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    Manassas man charged with assault, robbery

Alan David Bailey, 18, of 8818 Middleburg Court in Manassas, was charged with assaulting one man and robbing another while they were traveling on Bannerwood Drive near Woodbury Drive near Manassas around 4:50 p.m. Monday, said Officer Erika Hernandez, Prince William police spokeswoman.

Police said a 30-year-old Springfield man was driving with a 33-year-old Manassas man when a group of males blocked the path of the vehicle, Hernandez said.

Bailey is accused of punching the driver in the face and robbing the passenger of his wallet, Hernandez said. The driver sustained minor injuries.

Bailey, who was charged with strong-arm robbery and assault and battery, was held without bond. A court date was not available.

The investigation continues, Hernandez said.
    I suspect most all of us on this site carry a gun in the car by virtue of the fact that we are either of a mind to OC or CC when reaching our destinations (shopping, etc). But I would also imagine most here keep their guns in their holsters the entire time. Now I have heard most of the arguments about keeping your hands off of your weapon, handling it the least amount of time, and so on. However, this is what I do when driving with one of my sidearms in one of my vehicles.

I most always carry my piece in a zippered belly bag that threads onto a belt (has no belt of its own). This is simply to house my weapon and nothing more. Once in my car, this bag goes in my map pocket and my gun goes into my forward cup holder which is nicely designed to hold several of my carry pieces. This makes the gun much more available to my right hand should the need arise (as in your post). When I get to where I'm going, the gun goes into my holster and I'm off to do my business.

The reason I do not leave my gun in my holster the entire time is one of safety.. my safety. What I mean here is when my gun is in my holster while driving my car, it is not as readily accessable as if it were in my cup holder. I want it where I can get to it quickly if needed. I know some here will say that each time it is handled, I increase the risk of an accidental discharge and that is true. But for me, I have a system down which works and which I have used for many years, so I suspect I will continue to do as I have been doing.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Always accuse a road-rager of brandishing since you have nothing to lose. It will get the anti-gun cops' attention. If they find the gun then you are a hero. If they don't find the gun then you were simply mistaken and still for the road-rager off the road.

The contrapositive of this for legally armed citizens - never expose your gun when you may be accused of road-rage. The sheeple don't often think of guns and road-ragers but they are tyrannized by safety worries. If you were to be accused of brandishing while road-raging and found with a gun then the gun violation would dominate all of your worries - presumed guilty!

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. LAB/NRA/GOP *******

Banned

Post imported post

There is no such thing as an AD.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    That is absolutely incorrect.

An Accidental Discharge (AD) occurs when a firearm is discharged unintentionally. Unfortunately, ADs occur too often.

The majority of ADs are due to the operator's negligence, and can also be termed Negligent Discharges (NDs).

ADs that are not NDs (likely a very small percentage of ADs) can be caused by extreme heat (cook-offs) or mechanical breakage.

Banned

Post imported post

When you chamber a round or put the key in the ignition you accept all responsibility for proper operation of the machine.

Post imported post

Right, so if someone tampered with your engine or brakes, it's your fault for not engaging in a complete inspection before driving anywhere!

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    +1

they are ND's

Post imported post

vote_no wrote:
    Right, so if someone tampered with your engine or brakes, it's your fault for not engaging in a complete inspection before driving anywhere!
    Think of it this way: you should have the presence of mind, if your brakes fail, to find a safe place to coast, or use the emergency brake, or downshift, or turn the car off. If your engine fails, you should not panic and move your car out of traffic.

Similarly, you should always keep your piece pointed in a safe direction, and not put your finger on the trigger unless you're ready to put a hole in something. ADs shouldn't hit anything but dirt; NDs are the problem.

Be prepared for equipment failure, physically and mentally.

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Always accuse a road-rager of brandishing since you have nothing to lose. It will get the anti-gun cops' attention. If they find the gun then you are a hero. If they don't find the gun then you were simply mistaken and still for the road-rager off the road.
    Did I misunderstand something, ordid this advice just suggest that people make false statements to a law enforcement officer, potentially opening up otherwise law abiding folks to a misdemeanor hook and maybe more?

Explain this.

Post imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
    Did I misunderstand something, ordid this advice just suggest that people make false statements to a law enforcement officer, potentially opening up otherwise law abiding folks to a misdemeanor hook and maybe more?

Explain this.

That's what I understood it to say. I really hope that's not what he meant.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

The contrapositive of this for legally armed citizens - never expose your gun when you may be accused of road-rage. The sheeple don't often think of guns and road-ragers but they are tyrannized by safety worries. If you were to be accused of brandishing while road-raging and found with a gun then the gun violation would dominate all of your worries - presumed guilty!

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. LAB/NRA/GOP *******

I have liked a lot of your posts here, but this one indicates that your cranial appendage is excessivly inserted in your rectal cavity. Please correct this problem and take several deep breaths of air with actual oxygen in it.

Post imported post

has begun.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

2 Timothy 2:23

Tarzan

Post imported post

a vehicle is a much better weapon than a firearm. There's no such thing as a group of people blocking a vehicle, because a several thousand pound vehicle will go right through.

Post imported post

I think Huffman was suggesting it the same way Swift was suggesting cannibalism.

He's also pointing out a potential problem to watch out for, and explaining exactly why it is so.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    I think Huffman was suggesting it the same way Swift was suggesting cannibalism.

He's also pointing out a potential problem to watch out for, and explaining exactly why it is so.
    Aargh. Mr. Huffman, if this is true, I sincerely apologize for my comment. I had a project almost literally blow up in my face only moments before I read your post, and was in a seriously bad mood. I can usually discern sarcasm, but this one might have failed to trigger my chuckle-meter.

Of course, if you were serious, all bets are off...:P