• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Turn in the Naughty

TrueBrit

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
Bill45 wrote:
You guys sure sound like a paranoid bunch.

I guess you would rather have people ignore suspected car prowlers or child molesters. Ya know everyone has to earn a living and burglarizing cars is just another job so why rattle the guys cage for getting in a nights work bymaking a "suspicous person" call?

After all big brothers eyes are on all the OC'ers just waiting to harrass you.

If you were bikers this whole bunch would be called 1%ers.
Who in the Hell said anything about child molesters? :cuss:How can you equate them with car prowls? And where did you get the "IF you were bikers" assumption? How do you know who or what we are?

Now, we realize thatyou've only been here for two months and that you haven't participated very much, soperhaps you shouldn't be so quick to lump us all together under such a general assumption. After all you don't see all of us looking at you and shouting Troll.

We are not paranoid. But we are realists. This will just have the sheeple calling every time they see a PWAGAN because they think it's suspicious.

How many suspicious person calls will be over-reaction from people looking to make a quick buck? Ask any police department involved with a "Crimestoppers" program or an "America's Most Wanted" episode how many bogus "tips" they get when a segment is aired. Most of the events aired on "Crimestoppers" generate NO usable leads and AMW gets very few, if any, from their thousands of calls.

Decent people will do the right thing. And need no reward or glory for doing so.

Our comrade the Bear has wrapped the whole thing up rather well, I believe!

TrueBrit.

Sitrep

imported post

I think this is a good plan. In order to get your reward, you will need to leave contact information when informing. That way, when someone calls in a MWAG call, he can be prosecuted later for filling a false complaint since there was no crime occuring.

TrueBrit

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
Our comrade the Bear has wrapped the whole thing up rather well, I believe!

From one Britbilly (whose family name was originally spelled Beare) to another;

Thanks Mate. Cheers.

You are very welcome, cousin! Slainte var , and longmay your tribe increase!

TrueBrit.

BluesBear

imported post

Britbilly n.A person whose lineage is½ British[suP]1[/suP]and ½ Hillbilly[suP]2[/suP]. Often normal in appearance. Identifiable by such colloquial phrases such as "G'day Y'all", "Howdy Mate"and "Cheers Buddy". Has been known to drink hot tea (with cream) while eating Chili. Unnatural affinity to large revolversand double barrel (side by side)shotguns.

1. (Blackpool, England)
  2. (very rural area, just outside Leitchfield, Kentucky)