• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anything look good for the post-Thanksgiving sales?

Boom Shakalaka

imported post

Not necessarily a sale an AR-15s, but ammo, scopes, accessories, stuff like that.

Don't get the paper here...

amlevin

imported post

Heard a commentator on the radio say that the BEST sales this year will come closer to christmas. With the economy being a little slow due to high gas prices, high interest rates, and lower housing values (lots of people use their home equity like an ATM and reduced values mean less equity to borrow against), people are likely to squeeze their dollars tighter and merchants will be lowering prices several times in order to get sales. Gun's may not go down but scopes and other accessories may well do so.

heresolong

imported post

Boom Shakalaka wrote:
Hopefully ammo will come down in price :celebrate

But probably not :cuss:
Since the price of ammo is currently driven by the war and by the United Nations pressure on everyone on earth to stop selling "small arms" it isn't going to come down. Sorry.

However, Rock River Arms is knocking $70 off their kits. CAR A4 kit with chrome lined barrel and everything but stripped lower for $612. Can't OC it though (although I suppose you could try) .

BluesBear

imported post

I needed some powder & bullets and since I didn't spend any money at Cabela's, my best friend Tom & I dropped in on Sunday. Plus he needed some ammo for the S&W M&P AR15 he bought Saturday.

Sorry we missed you A47. Tom was wanting your opinion on AR mags and I thought you usually worked on Sundays. I'd never dealt with the youngguy behind the counter before. Is he new?

Y'alldid have some nice toys on sale. What kind of mags do you have (or can you get)for those Saiga 20s?

I was shocked at the lack of safes on display. I've never see that area look so empty. Looks like business has been real good. It's nice to see that more people are realizing that a good safe (yeah, yeah, I know technically they are Residental Security Containers) is a wise investment.

Agent 47

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
I needed some powder & bullets and since I didn't spend any money at Cabela's, my best friend Tom & I dropped in on Sunday. Plus he needed some ammo for the S&W M&P AR15 he bought Saturday.

Sorry we missed you A47. Tom was wanting your opinion on AR mags and I thought you usually worked on Sundays. I'd never dealt with the youngguy behind the counter before. Is he new?

Y'alldid have some nice toys on sale. What kind of mags do you have (or can you get)for those Saiga 20s?

I was shocked at the lack of safes on display. I've never see that area look so empty. Looks like business has been real good. It's nice to see that more people are realizing that a good safe (yeah, yeah, I know technically they are Residental Security Containers) is a wise investment.

I used to work Sundays, now Nick works that day with Jim. We only have the 5 round factory mags for the Saiga but I think mag-gar makes a high capacity. And yeah, safes have been selling like crazy, ( must havesomething to do with Everett being the third most dangerous city in the state:what:)