Thread: Puyallup, WA Gas Station Shooter not to be charged

Post imported post

Here is a link to another site where a copy of a news release and a Memo from the Prosecutor were posted.

The shooter was determined to be acting within the law and his use of deadly force in his defense was legal. No charges will be filed.

http://www.packing4life.com/showthread.php?t=3502
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Yay :celebrate

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    Here is a link to another site where a copy of a news release and a Memo from the Prosecutor were posted.

The shooter was determined to be acting within the law and his use of deadly force in his defense was legal. No charges will be filed.

http://www.packing4life.com/showthread.php?t=3502
    To the extent possible, please take the time to ground OCDO discussion thread to primary sources, and not simply other discussion boards - this is no meant as a flame to the poster, or diss to other boards - in this case, the discussion board linked to citestext purporting to be true, but does not link to any primary source.

Everyone - please take the time to find the original source for quoted material - a web link or a reasonable description to sources not on the web (e.g., at least name and date of source, page number of possible).

Post imported post

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Copy of the post and video. Notice how the Prosecutor feels that "with this level of guns available" then he shrugged his shoulders as if to say, "What can you do?"

What an ass.

http://www.kirotv.com/video/14655071/index.html?taf=sea

Post imported post

If you watch the video carefully, up to the point where the TV station cuts it off, there is a brief glimps of the attackers hand breaking the window and inside the car. Yet the family claims that the gunshot broke the glass, not their son. Very interesting how one can look at a video like this and then claim that "eyewittnesses" are more accurate in their assessment of the situation.

One thing the Prosecutor did say was that his opinion didn't stand in the way of his obligation to the law. I don't agree with his opinion but I respect him for his honesty.

Post imported post

So much for HankTs' postulate. Wrong again, so you must be getting used to it.......

Post imported post

Oh wow. You are right. I didn't see it the first time. Would be great to get the raw footage with the best definition possible. Come to think of it, the family saw it, probably why they are going to the "eyewitnesses" defense.

You know, I really feel for this guy. He was probably a little intoxicated and full of himself, like a lot of guys at that age. He probably felt his honor was at stake or something. This does not seem like a robbery. He just went over the line when he attacked.

Sigh...

Post imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
    You know, I really feel for this guy. He was probably a little intoxicated and full of himself, like a lot of guys at that age. He probably felt his honor was at stake or something. This does not seem like a robbery. He just went over the line when he attacked.

Sigh...
    You're very likely right, but the days of "lets step outside and settle it" are gone. If you are going to argue or start a fight, you better damn well be ready to fight for your life because you never know who has a knife or gun on them.

I've seen this type of thing happen numerous times, and it sometimes starts with a road rage "flip off". The other guy then decides that he is going to settle it with a gun. The lesson is that you never know who you are dealing with, and what they are willing to do to "win" the ******* match.

In the Puyallup instance, I totally agree that it was a justified shoot.
    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.