• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Puyallup, WA Gas Station Shooter not to be charged

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

amlevin wrote:
Here is a link to another site where a copy of a news release and a Memo from the Prosecutor were posted.

The shooter was determined to be acting within the law and his use of deadly force in his defense was legal. No charges will be filed.

http://www.packing4life.com/showthread.php?t=3502
To the extent possible, please take the time to ground OCDO discussion thread to primary sources, and not simply other discussion boards - this is no meant as a flame to the poster, or diss to other boards - in this case, the discussion board linked to citestext purporting to be true, but does not link to any primary source.

Everyone - please take the time to find the original source for quoted material - a web link or a reasonable description to sources not on the web (e.g., at least name and date of source, page number of possible).

amlevin

imported post

If you watch the video carefully, up to the point where the TV station cuts it off, there is a brief glimps of the attackers hand breaking the window and inside the car. Yet the family claims that the gunshot broke the glass, not their son. Very interesting how one can look at a video like this and then claim that "eyewittnesses" are more accurate in their assessment of the situation.

One thing the Prosecutor did say was that his opinion didn't stand in the way of his obligation to the law. I don't agree with his opinion but I respect him for his honesty.

Wheelgunner

imported post

Oh wow. You are right. I didn't see it the first time. Would be great to get the raw footage with the best definition possible. Come to think of it, the family saw it, probably why they are going to the "eyewitnesses" defense.

You know, I really feel for this guy. He was probably a little intoxicated and full of himself, like a lot of guys at that age. He probably felt his honor was at stake or something. This does not seem like a robbery. He just went over the line when he attacked.

Sigh...

Johnny Law

imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
You know, I really feel for this guy. He was probably a little intoxicated and full of himself, like a lot of guys at that age. He probably felt his honor was at stake or something. This does not seem like a robbery. He just went over the line when he attacked.

Sigh...
You're very likely right, but the days of "lets step outside and settle it" are gone. If you are going to argue or start a fight, you better damn well be ready to fight for your life because you never know who has a knife or gun on them.

I've seen this type of thing happen numerous times, and it sometimes starts with a road rage "flip off". The other guy then decides that he is going to settle it with a gun. The lesson is that you never know who you are dealing with, and what they are willing to do to "win" the pissing match.

In the Puyallup instance, I totally agree that it was a justified shoot.