Thread: Victory in Englewood

Post imported post

Well we won in Englewood...

The City of Englewood, Ohio has revised their local city park law to allow law abiding citizens to carry in the park. This was after over two months of arguring with them, and threating legal action.

On October 23rd they revised the law, but of course did not tell me. I found out about it after I retained an attorney and demanded they change the law.

There is still some legal haggling going on about my expenses so I am not going to get to much into at the moment. Want to see what becomes of that first.

I have spent about 4k of my own money fighting this, so I am hoping to recoup some or all of it thru my lawyers putting pressure on the city.

But we won..!!! they backed off.

Post imported post

Excellent. Glad to see that not all of Montgomery County is unreasonable. The lawyers seem to be doing well in any case...

-ljp

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
    Well we won in Englewood...

The City of Englewood, Ohio has revised their local city park law to allow law abiding citizens to carry in the park. This was after over two months of arguring with them, and threating legal action.
    Do you have any sort of link to the ordinance change? have you spoke to your local press?

Post imported post

Mike I will try and scan the new code and put it up.

Post imported post

Good news. Does this mean you'll have more time to spend at http://ocohio.myfreeforum.orgnow?

Post imported post

I hope so...

Brian... where did you find this site.. I thought it was down.. Still havn't been able to contact John..

Post imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
    I hope so...

Brian... where did you find this site.. I thought it was down.. Still havn't been able to contact John..

Kent, the "front page" of the Open Carry Ohio site is indeed gone, but the forum board's been there all along. Thought you knew that, sorry.