Thread: Positive encounter

Post imported post

I just went into "port o subs" to grab some lunch. There were a couple families in the lobby and a man in his late 40's with his father. There were babbling with the cashier about the strip, when they noticed my Glock. The guy perks up with "hey, we got a cop in the house!" Conversation follow something like this:

Me: I'm not a cop, Sir.
    Him: O, do you work at a pawn shop?
    Me: No, Sir. I'm just a guy
    Him: (turning to his father) See dad, that's what I was tellin' ya' its like the wild wild west out here.
    Him: How long did it take to get your permit, they told me 6 months.
    Me: You don't need a permit to open carry, this is an anomalous State. So long as the weapon is in a holster on your hip or leg, basically where it can be seen, its perfectly legal.
    Him: But the guys down at Sunset Station were tellin' me I'd have to wait 6 months for a background check?
    Me: Try 3 days.. and that's only for your first pistol purchased in Clack County... they are full of ****. After the initial check, you can buy as many guns as you can afford.. no "1 a month" law here either.
    Him: No ****...
    Me: If you want to know more, try going to Opencarry.org all the info is on there.
    Him: but you need like a sheriff's card, right?
    Me: Nope, don't even need to register it anymore. Reciprocity was just passed.
    Him: Wow, its not like that in Maryland where I'm from...
    Me:
    Him: Hell, I deliver pizzas out here, and there are some good neighborhoods I wouldn't go in without a gun.
    Me: Well, now is the time, go get armed, and carry a first aid kit in your car. The life you're most likely to save may be your own.

By that time I had payed for my food and was tipping my hat and exiting. everyone in the lobby waved and said "goodbye, come back soon."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Way to go!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I agree. It's always nice to hear someone who is open to actually learning about the laws.

Here in Alabama, folklore and falsehood is passed off so much as actual law that whenever you try to convince someone of something (like the ability to get a pistol permit at age 18 or that AL CHPs are good in other states with reciprocity... just to name the arguments I got in THIS week), all you get is a response something like "Well I've been here for x years andI know what the damn law is."

State Researcher

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    Him: Wow, its not like that in Maryland where I'm from...
    That says everything we need to know.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

Always a good thing to know people are learning the truth about gun laws.

Post imported post

Good Encounter.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin