• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amicus Curiae Brief for Virginia

Virginiaplanter

imported post

Virginia1774.org intends to file an Amicus Curiae brief in support of Heller in District of Columbia et al., v Dick Anthony Heller.

http://www.virginia1774.org/LegalNews.html

Both parties in the case have consented to Virginia1774.org filing a brief in this case. This will be the chance for Virginia to have its voice heard. Because the Virginia Supreme Court has never adjudicated the right to keep and bear arms, Virginia's founding father's and its history are almost never quoted in the national debate or case law. Now Virginia will have its chance to have its voice heard in the debate.

Virginia1774.org is asking for donations to help pay for the cost of printing the brief and legal fees.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for submitting an Amicus Curiae brief.

Your web site is one of the best for both an historical overview and for case law (maybe the only one so well organized!) on gun rights and gun law.

Never before saw a request for funding for your work (OK, I never looked) but am more than happy to ontribute to your efforts now.

stay safe.

skidmark