• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well, just signed up for VCDL.

hardballerusn

imported post

Yup. Saw the crew over at the gun show in Hampton today, and had the money finally to sign up. So I'm now part of it. Good to be here.

nova

imported post

Will VCDL be at the next Dale City show (Dec. 1-2)?

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

Mike wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
nova wrote:
I don't believe that one is on the list.
Pres - is it not true that VCDL could use some more gun show booth volunteers to help staff some gun shows, like Dale City?
Yes - some shows are hard to staff for one reason or the other. The call on what shows to attend is up to the associated gun show coordinator for that area.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

VCDL President wrote:
Mike wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
nova wrote:
Pres - is it not true that VCDL could use some more gun show booth volunteers to help staff some gun shows, like Dale City?
Yes - some shows are hard to staff for one reason or the other. The call on what shows to attend is up to the associated gun show coordinator for that area.
Who should folks contact to volunteer to work gunshows for VCDL?

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

Mike wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
Mike wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
nova wrote:
Who should folks contact to volunteer to work gunshows for VCDL?
gunshows@vcdl.org

muzz3256

imported post

I joined online and paid via PayPal in the middle of September, and have heard nothing, is this normal or do they send you something confirming your membership. I got the PayPal receipt, and that is it.

zoom6zoom

imported post

Don't worry, you'll get your card and stuff before too long. There is no VCDL office staff or anything, everything is done by volunteers in their spare time. Also, all renewals are due in October (if you joined in Aug or Sept that's next October for you) so there's a bunch of processing going on at the moment.

Forty-five

imported post

muzz3256 wrote:
I joined online and paid via PayPal in the middle of September, and have heard nothing, is this normal or do they send you something confirming your membership. I got the PayPal receipt, and that is it.

They haven't forgotten about you. Mine took several weeks. You should receive a packet in the mail, but you could email them if you are concerned. Hopefuly, the delay is attributable to a large number of gunowners joining.

casullshooter

imported post

It is great to have new members as our voice grows with our size. Please make a commitment to recruit at least one new member every year.I have two definites this year. Possibly others from info. passed out while working a gun show.

I will be doing a business presentation soon andwill beproviding a paid membership as a door prize. I am hoping that whomever wins will re-up after receiving their copy of "The Defender" and learning more about their rights.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VCDL President wrote:
Mike wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
nova wrote:
I've e-mailed the Dale City coordinator in the past and said if I could help and keep him from canceling, just let me know. He'd prefer WE contact HIM, and won't do the other way around.

So if we want the booth at Dale City, we need to step up. I will. Sending email tonight.