Thread: Road Trips

Post imported post

On the subject of road trips:

It is almost impossible to travel very far without having to change your mode of carry of firearms, as we all here know.

Some States dont issue CCW to non residents, some States dont issue CCW at all. I would like to know what most people would recommend for carrying weapons in ones vehicle while traveling through Nevada. Mostly in the Vegas area, hoping not to stop at all.I dont like the idea of OC in a vehicle, like on the dash, to me that looks like an invitation for trouble no matter how you look at it!!Is it a good idea to lock all weapons up in a cargo carrier on the roof?

If you do get stopped for some reason, what would be the best way to report to the officer what you are carrying? I usually just hand them my drivers license and CCW permits. Is it necessary to report all weapons or should you just tell them where they are located?

We have CCW for Oregon and WA State which cover alot of other States, but NV is not one of them and you have to be a resident to get one there.

Thanks for your help!!!

"Feeling Naked in NV."

Bodhi.

State Researcher

Post imported post

As you will see at the Traveler's Map at the OCDO home page, Nevada does not require a license to carry concealed inside a vehicle. You should consider adding Florida and Utah permits to your collection to cover you in more states.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

I was thinking about getting a Utah liscense. Does anyone know the process of getting a non-resident liscense there?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You need to take a class by a certified Instructor. It just so happens that I will be taking a class for my Utah permit from this gentlemen.

Roger Moore
    GunSmart - Firearm Training
    rmoore@gunsmartfirearmtraining.com
    http://www.gunsmartfirearmtraining.com
    (503) 348-7354

You can visit Utah's website and see everything you need to do to get your Utah permit.

http://www.bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFPHome.html

Ken

Post imported post

Thanks for the info. From what I understand, all this can be done from out of state (without actually traveling there)? Am I correct?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Correct.