Thread: Kahr PM4044

Post imported post

I have been saving my pennies for awhile to buy a new carry weapon. The Firestorm 9mm I carry is about 2lbs. and gets a little uncomfortable after a few hours. Does anyone know much about the Kahr .40 PM4044? I have heard some bad about the older models and that the new ones are fixed. It is the smallest .40 you can buy, so I have benn told. I really like the way it feels in my hand and It weighs in at about 1 lb. so it should be an easier carry weapon. This thing is .94 inches wide! There are a few other guns that caught my eye, but for the price and the size I have always gone back to the Kahr. I also like the Para Ordinance Carry 9mm but it is a lot more money.
    Then there is the Taurus Millenium Pro .40 140BP and it is the least expensive.
    I really like the Kahr unless someone can come up with a better suggestion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

I have two Kahrs. The P45 and the P9. Both are great guns and very reliable. I had an XD9 sub and the XD45 sold both and went with Kahrs. The single stack mags make carry alot easier IMO. For what you lose in ammo I just now carry a reload. My only recommendation is to shoot the Kahr 40 first. I did not care for the recoil out of that little guy.

Post imported post

The .40 in that size is very 'snappy' for my taste (and yes, I have fired it). I do carry a 9094 (which is essentially the 9mm version of what you're looking at) everyday as a back-up gun. As far as Kahr's go, if it's a .40, I prefer the steel-framed examples (K40/MK40/T40), but the 9mm is great in either the polymer or the steel. I have owned a K40, K9, MK9 and PM9, and still have the K9 and PM9. Never had a malfunction in any of them. I think the steel-framed Kahr's are the best-kept secret of the concealed carry world. If you have a chance to shoot a PM40 before you buy one, do it. Otherwise, you might not be pleased with the recoil.

Post imported post

I recently got to shoot the PM9 and really enjoyed it.
    The PM9 owner said he got the PM40 first but the recoil was too much for him.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin