• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kahr PM4044

chrislind2

imported post

I have been saving my pennies for awhile to buy a new carry weapon. The Firestorm 9mm I carry is about 2lbs. and gets a little uncomfortable after a few hours. Does anyone know much about the Kahr .40 PM4044? I have heard some bad about the older models and that the new ones are fixed. It is the smallest .40 you can buy, so I have benn told. I really like the way it feels in my hand and It weighs in at about 1 lb. so it should be an easier carry weapon. This thing is .94 inches wide! There are a few other guns that caught my eye, but for the price and the size I have always gone back to the Kahr. I also like the Para Ordinance Carry 9mm but it is a lot more money.
Then there is the Taurus Millenium Pro .40 140BP and it is the least expensive.
I really like the Kahr unless someone can come up with a better suggestion.

Attachments

• Small Kahr.jpg
    Small Kahr.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 648

Tyoung

imported post

I have two Kahrs. The P45 and the P9. Both are great guns and very reliable. I had an XD9 sub and the XD45 sold both and went with Kahrs. The single stack mags make carry alot easier IMO. For what you lose in ammo I just now carry a reload. My only recommendation is to shoot the Kahr 40 first. I did not care for the recoil out of that little guy.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

The .40 in that size is very 'snappy' for my taste (and yes, I have fired it). I do carry a 9094 (which is essentially the 9mm version of what you're looking at) everyday as a back-up gun. As far as Kahr's go, if it's a .40, I prefer the steel-framed examples (K40/MK40/T40), but the 9mm is great in either the polymer or the steel. I have owned a K40, K9, MK9 and PM9, and still have the K9 and PM9. Never had a malfunction in any of them. I think the steel-framed Kahr's are the best-kept secret of the concealed carry world. If you have a chance to shoot a PM40 before you buy one, do it. Otherwise, you might not be pleased with the recoil.

Marco

imported post

I recently got to shoot the PM9 and really enjoyed it.
The PM9 owner said he got the PM40 first but the recoil was too much for him.:idea: