• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fred Thompson Primary Petition

sjhipple

imported post

HankT wrote:
rebfan wrote:
I'd sign it. I signed one for Mitt last weekend.
Mitt Romney is a MORmON!!!
Duct Tape Alert!!!
bandages.gif

Romney's religious beliefs don't bother me one bit. It's the fact that he's a liar without any guiding principles. It's also the fact that every time he speaks, he sounds like he's repeating words written for him by someone else. It's the fact that every time he repeats those soundbites written for him by his consultants, they contradict what he said just a year or 2 years before. He seriously sickens me. Every time I hear that robotic voice and see that slick hair I want to f***ing throw up.

He also scares me because I have NO IDEA how he would govern as president. His record and rhetoric are so inconsistent that there's no telling what he'd do.

One thing is clear about Romney: HE IS NOT FRIENDLY TOWARDS THE SECOND AMENDMENT

see this videoas he's caught off guard and shows his true colors, misstating actual gun laws (saying automatic weapons aren't available to the public) and stating thathe's for gun control.

Now this is what pisses me off!!In 2002Mitt said he supports MA gun control laws andpromised "I support them. I won't chip away at them" saying they make people safe :shock: (I repeat, he said he SUPPPORTED MASSACHUSSETTS GUN CONTROL LAWS AND SAID THEY MADE PEOPLE SAFER). Now he says to the NRA that he "expanded the rights of gun owners" while governor.................

WHICH IS IT, YOULYING^&$#@*^& !!!???You're either lying to us, you lied to them or you're lying to both of us. And if you lied to the libs in your state to get elected, why should we trust you now?

And don't forget that he's a "lifelong hunter"...except he's never actually been hunting but once in his entire adult life (and once asa teenager). Oh, and then there's how he constantly attacked the NRA while he was governor of MA and now carries his "lifetime NRA member" card everywhere he goes. It's IMPOSSIBLE to know where he ACTUALLY stands. That's why he's so scary.

In the second GOP debate, Romney went out of his way to say, "I support the 2nd Amendment, but I also support an Assault Weapons Ban."

He's done the same flip-flopping, double-talking and LYING when it comes to abortion, immigration, tax-raising and gay marriage.

There is no way in HELL I would ever vote for Mitt Romney. Ever. If the Angel Gabriel came to me and told me I would cast the deciding vote of the 2008 election and it was between Hillary and Romney, I would still write in Mickey Mouse before pulling the lever for that ....ahem...I don't want to call him a man...or a person..... Of all the candidates, Romney is the only one I hate because he's such a transparent liar. It appears he's going to get away with it too.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

sjhipple

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
rebfan wrote:
I signed one for Mitt last weekend.
beingsick.gif
As I've said before, why on Earth would a gun owner want to make sure a gun grabber get's on the ballot. People like that deserve a gun grabber for POTUS.

But he has an 'R' next to his name and repeats "I support the 2nd Amendment" alot. :quirky

Republicans goooood, Democrats baaaad.

4 legs gooooood, 2 legs baaaad

--EDIT--

Just re-read the topic of this post.

Sooooo...I'd sign a petition for Thompson, but I rarely go toVCDL events and such...we'll see

rebfan

imported post

As has been pointed out by more then one poster, signing a petition does not mean you support the candidate or will even vote for him.

Now, that being said, if the race came down to him or Hillary, I think most here would vote for him and not her.

hsmith

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
rebfan wrote:
I signed one for Mitt last weekend.
beingsick.gif
As I've said before, why on Earth would a gun owner want to make sure a gun grabber get's on the ballot. People like that deserve a gun grabber for POTUS.
Well, look at it this way, if it takes away votes from the other gun grabber Giuliani it isn't a bad idea :)

vrwmiller

imported post

There seems to be a fair amount of interest in signing the petition. For those that will be at Foster's Grill for lunch Friday, I will bring it with me. For others, you may PM me and we can work on coordinating efforts to get your signature.

The deadline to have the petition submitted is December 14. I will need your signature, preferably, no later than December 12.

ETA: I will also have a Ron Paul petition

sjhipple

imported post

Slowhand wrote:
Is it possible to set up an "online" petition?

No, petitions to get on the ballot are notoriously bureaucratic. It has to be in a certain color ink witha certain type of pen with a certain amount of information on a certain type of paper, double sided with the exact wording and layout on each side. It then has to be notorized and sent in by a certain date.

You hear about how people always try to get more signatures than required? Well, it's because of the fact that about 10-15% of signatures are ALWAYS disqualified because they broke some stupid rule (then you have the people who forge sigs too...)

Slowhand

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
Slowhand wrote:
Is it possible to set up an "online" petition?

No, petitions to get on the ballot are notoriously bureaucratic. It has to be in a certain color ink witha certain type of pen with a certain amount of information on a certain type of paper, double sided with the exact wording and layout on each side. It then has to be notorized and sent in by a certain date.

You hear about how people always try to get more signatures than required? Well, it's because of the fact that about 10-15% of signatures are ALWAYS disqualified because they broke some stupid rule (then you have the people who forge sigs too...)
That Sucks.

vrwmiller

imported post

Also posted this in the Ron Paul petition thread....

If we can coordinate an OCDO dinner/lunch/breakfast prior to December 12th (or muliples, if need be), I'll come along with petitions for Fred Thompson and Ron Paul. The only real stipulation is that it cannot be a Saturday (it's hunting season, ya know)

vrwmiller

imported post

Thanks to all those who have signed the Fred Thompson petition. I had a Fred Thompson campaign worker come to my home to pickup the petitions. They will be going to Richmond tomorrow to turn them in. I don't know the current count of signatures he has, unfortunately.

vrwmiller

imported post

sccrref wrote:
In VA you do not select a party when you register to vote. However, when you vote in a primary, you have to choose one party ballot or the other and make your selections accordingly.

http://www.equalityvirginia.org/site/pp.asp?c=dfIIITMIG&b=704983

http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/cms/
I was just looking at VA's LIS yesterday and there is a bill being introduced that will require one to select a party affiliation when they register to vote. They may select independant, if they choose and the party must submit rules regarding who may participate in their primaries each year.

The bill is HB 20.