Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Man Shoots Teen, 15, in Road Rage Incident

Post imported post

Source

DALLAS — Dallas police say a man shot and killed a 15-year-old after both brandished guns.[/b]

Police say they'll refer the death of Frank Vega to a grand jury.

Investigators say 30-year-old Anthony Gray told them he was going home early Friday morning when a teenager in a Cadillac cut him off in the roadway, leading to an argument. Gray says both men pulled out guns.

Police say the teenager didn't fire his weapon.
    I hate it when crap like this goes down! The antis just eat this stuff up!

Post imported post

OT-LW

Post imported post

Did I miss something? This story represents a man defending himself against an armed 15 year old! This kid was up to no good and got in over his head.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    Did I miss something? This story represents a man defending himself against an armed 15 year old! This kid was up to no good and got in over his head.
    Sounds to me like a 15 year old (who isn't old enough to drive w/o adult in the car supervising) did something stupid and the problem escalated into an argument in which both parties pulled guns (which the 15 year old wasn't supposed to have (a handgun) due to age his age (15)) and the 15 year old paid for his foolish actions. The article does not say who pulled the gun first, but I'm leaning toward the 15 year old who clearly has shown bad judgement on two counts per the story.

But... I'm sure HankT will find a way to spin this so the adult was the goof with the gun.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    .40 Cal wrote:
    Sounds to me like a 15 year old (who isn't old enough to drive w/o adult in the car supervising) did something stupid and the problem escalated into an argument in which both parties pulled guns (which the 15 year old wasn't supposed to have (a handgun) due to age his age (15)) and the 15 year old paid for his foolish actions. The article does not say who pulled the gun first, but I'm leaning toward the 15 year old who clearly has shown bad judgement on two counts per the story.

But... I'm sure HankT will find a way to spin this so the adult was the goof with the gun.
    I am with you on this one.

I determined a long time ago that IF my gun is ever pulled it will fire. I practice thus.

My gut tells me that the Teen was trying to scare the older man and pulled his gun. Very bad mistake.

I found this link that gives a little more information.

Nov. 24, 2007, 9:42AM
    Man shoots 15-year-old in Dallas road rage incident

Associated Press

DALLAS— A man shot and killed a 15-year-old Friday during an incident in which both brandished weapons, Dallas police said.

Police plan to refer the death of Frank Vega to a grand jury.

"We don't know who displayed a weapon first, but both were armed, and we believe it could be a case of self-defense," said Sgt. Bruce McDonald.

Investigators say Anthony Gray, 30, told them he was going home around 3:45 a.m. Friday when a teenager in a Cadillac cut him off in the roadway.

Gray and Vega argued at a stoplight and then both pulled out handguns. Gray fired multiple shots, hitting the teenager in the chest. Vega's car veered off the road; Gray pulled over and called 911, police said.

Authorities say the teenager did not fire his weapon.

"It's sad that we have a 15-year-old out on the street at that time of the morning armed," McDonald said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5325922.html

It is sad how ever you look at it. I see the kid as the goof with the gun in this one.

Tarzan

Post imported post

Let me correct the headline...

Texas Man defends his life against 15 year old criminal.

Post imported post

OT-LW

Post imported post

gregma wrote:
    Let me correct the headline...

Texas Man defends his life against 15 year old criminal.
    I don't know how you could say that! The poor little child was obviously a victim of his environment and had no choice in the matter! I'm sure if someone had just talked to him everything would've worked out OK!

/liberal drivel

Post imported post

3:45 in the morning. Driving a Cadillac. Armed. 15! I'm pretty sure he wasn't on his way to Church. I would like to know what the shooter was doing out at that time as well. I will not rush to judgement on the vague points this story makes, but I would like an update as this unfolds. I am sure we will see a ******* match that turned out in a need for one party to defend himself against a threat. Once there is a firearm involved, all ages are equal.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    3:45 in the morning. Driving a Cadillac. Armed. 15! I'm pretty sure he wasn't on his way to Church. I would like to know what the shooter was doing out at that time as well. I will not rush to judgement on the vague points this story makes, but I would like an update as this unfolds. I am sure we will see a ******* match that turned out in a need for one party to defend himself against a threat. Once there is a firearm involved, all ages are equal.
    This is true.

Tarzan

State Researcher

Post imported post

OT-LW

Anyway it doesn't say who pulled first, it doesn't say who started the verbal argument. The 15 yr old was obviously making bad decisions, including deciding to break the law, by driving underage, carrying underage, and possibly driving dangerously. The 30 yr old made at least one bad decisionby allowing himself to be involved in a verbal argument at a stop light.

I think the biggest lesson we should learn from this is stay out of arguments over stupid stuff like someone else being a jerk. I've heard about quite a few of these "at a stoplight" incidents that turn into fights, accidents, or shootings. Talk about a stupid argument. If that happens to me I just smile at the fact that I was able to piss someone off so easily , and then I take a moment to feel bad for their significant other lol.

Oh and yeah that 15 yr old's parents need to be punished, too.

Post imported post

OT-LW

Post imported post

OT-LW

Post imported post

One thing is most definite. If this goes to court, there will most likely be only one story told there. Unless there happened to be witnesses out at this hour at that location. Chalk one up for gun control. "Gun control - Never having to say I missed."

I hope I get that shirt for Christmas.

Post imported post

OT-LW

State Researcher

Post imported post

OT-LW

Post imported post

OT-LW

State Researcher

Post imported post

Sorry for feeding the troll, guys. Ya know I love the fact that his little avatar is a lyin'.....er uh a lion. It's just so fitting.

State Researcher

Post imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
    Source

DALLAS — Dallas police say a man shot and killed a 15-year-old after both brandished guns.

Police say they'll refer the death of Frank Vega to a grand jury.

Investigators say 30-year-old Anthony Gray told them he was going home early Friday morning when a teenager in a Cadillac cut him off in the roadway, leading to an argument. Gray says both men pulled out guns.

Police say the teenager didn't fire his weapon.
    I hate it when crap like this goes down! The antis just eat this stuff up!
    Really depends who pulled it out first...

Of course you can apparently kill a man for anything in Texas, well just about...as Mr. Horn is trying to prove. (sarcasm)

Post imported post

OT-LW

Here we have a case where a man was angered by someone who cut him off in traffic. He shot a youth with a Hispanic-sounding name when he could have just driven away. Granted, this is probably legal in Texas. Even so, I'd hardly consider it ethical or moral to do it. It's just like going outside and murdering two people on someone else's property.

Post imported post

The old man in Pasadena did not murder anyone, he killed two burglars in the act. Please tell the truth. Horn killed two burglars in the act (not murdered them) He is still not arrested and will probably go to the Grand jury soon. Odds are he will be no billed, if not a jury conviction will be dificult. Time will tell.

The old man in Dallas was just no billed for killing (not murdering) two burglars and gut shooting a third.

This incident between the two driverswill be investigated and if the shooting was leagal, the man will be no billed. Odds are the younger guy pulled and showed, the older guy pulled and shot. Time will tell.

If you dont like Texas law please stay away, if you steal for a living you can and probably will be shot for it in Texas.

Slightly off topic, but please note the effectiveness of the 12ga with buckshot for home defense. Two old men, 5 shots, four dead burglarsand one gravely wounded burglar. 100% hits to shots fired under pressure. Compare that with the Yankee cops recently shooting a crazy manwho hada blow drier! 30 shots for 10 hits. Shotgun with buckshot rules for close in work folks!

Post imported post

A note on legal procedure: prosecutors can re-present to grand juries (at least during the same session). A no-bill today can turn into an indictment tomorrow. That usually doesn't happen, but it certainly has. Jeopardy only attaches when a petit jury is empaneled.

-ljp

Post imported post

OT-LW

Post imported post

hamourkiller wrote:
    The old man in Pasadena did not murder anyone, he killed two burglars in the act. Please tell the truth. Horn killed two burglars in the act (not murdered them) He is still not arrested and will probably go to the Grand jury soon. Odds are he will be no billed, if not a jury conviction will be dificult. Time will tell.

The old man in Dallas was just no billed for killing (not murdering) two burglars and gut shooting a third.

This incident between the two driverswill be investigated and if the shooting was leagal, the man will be no billed. Odds are the younger guy pulled and showed, the older guy pulled and shot. Time will tell.

If you dont like Texas law please stay away, if you steal for a living you can and probably will be shot for it in Texas.

Slightly off topic, but please note the effectiveness of the 12ga with buckshot for home defense. Two old men, 5 shots, four dead burglarsand one gravely wounded burglar. 100% hits to shots fired under pressure. Compare that with the Yankee cops recently shooting a crazy manwho hada blow drier! 30 shots for 10 hits. Shotgun with buckshot rules for close in work folks!
    Great post.

I agree 100%

Tarzan

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:

OT-LW
    Anyway it doesn't say who pulled first, it doesn't say who started the verbal argument. The 15 yr old was obviously making bad decisions, including deciding to break the law, by driving underage, carrying underage, and possibly driving dangerously. The 30 yr old made at least one bad decisionby allowing himself to be involved in a verbal argument at a stop light.

I think the biggest lesson we should learn from this is stay out of arguments over stupid stuff like someone else being a jerk. I've heard about quite a few of these "at a stoplight" incidents that turn into fights, accidents, or shootings. Talk about a stupid argument. If that happens to me I just smile at the fact that I was able to piss someone off so easily , and then I take a moment to feel bad for their significant other lol.

Oh and yeah that 15 yr old's parents need to be punished, too.
    I agree. Wait for all of the facts to come out.

- The 15 year old may have been legally able to drive. My wife had a hardship license in Texas at 14.5

- The 15 year old may have had a BB/pellet gun and been responding to threats by the adult.

- The Adult may have been completely justified in shooting the teenager.

We just don't know.

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast