• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Man Shoots Teen, 15, in Road Rage Incident

MetalChris

imported post

Source

DALLAS — Dallas police say a man shot and killed a 15-year-old after both brandished guns.[/b]

Police say they'll refer the death of Frank Vega to a grand jury.

Investigators say 30-year-old Anthony Gray told them he was going home early Friday morning when a teenager in a Cadillac cut him off in the roadway, leading to an argument. Gray says both men pulled out guns.

Police say the teenager didn't fire his weapon.

I hate it when crap like this goes down! The antis just eat this stuff up! :banghead:

IanB

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Did I miss something? This story represents a man defending himself against an armed 15 year old! This kid was up to no good and got in over his head.

Sounds to me like a 15 year old (who isn't old enough to drive w/o adult in the car supervising) did something stupid and the problem escalated into an argument in which both parties pulled guns (which the 15 year old wasn't supposed to have (a handgun) due to age his age (15)) and the 15 year old paid for his foolish actions. The article does not say who pulled the gun first, but I'm leaning toward the 15 year old who clearly has shown bad judgement on two counts per the story.

But... I'm sure HankT will find a way to spin this so the adult was the goof with the gun.

tarzan1888

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
.40 Cal wrote:
Did I miss something? This story represents a man defending himself against an armed 15 year old! This kid was up to no good and got in over his head.

Sounds to me like a 15 year old (who isn't old enough to drive w/o adult in the car supervising) did something stupid and the problem escalated into an argument in which both parties pulled guns (which the 15 year old wasn't supposed to have (a handgun) due to age his age (15)) and the 15 year old paid for his foolish actions. The article does not say who pulled the gun first, but I'm leaning toward the 15 year old who clearly has shown bad judgement on two counts per the story.

But... I'm sure HankT will find a way to spin this so the adult was the goof with the gun.

I am with you on this one.

I determined a long time ago that IF my gun is ever pulled it will fire. I practice thus.

My gut tells me that the Teen was trying to scare the older man and pulled his gun. Very bad mistake.

I found this link that gives a little more information.

Nov. 24, 2007, 9:42AM
Man shoots 15-year-old in Dallas road rage incident

Associated Press

DALLAS— A man shot and killed a 15-year-old Friday during an incident in which both brandished weapons, Dallas police said.

Police plan to refer the death of Frank Vega to a grand jury.

"We don't know who displayed a weapon first, but both were armed, and we believe it could be a case of self-defense," said Sgt. Bruce McDonald.

Investigators say Anthony Gray, 30, told them he was going home around 3:45 a.m. Friday when a teenager in a Cadillac cut him off in the roadway.

Gray and Vega argued at a stoplight and then both pulled out handguns. Gray fired multiple shots, hitting the teenager in the chest. Vega's car veered off the road; Gray pulled over and called 911, police said.

Authorities say the teenager did not fire his weapon.

"It's sad that we have a 15-year-old out on the street at that time of the morning armed," McDonald said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5325922.html

It is sad how ever you look at it. I see the kid as the goof with the gun in this one.

Tarzan

MetalChris

imported post

gregma wrote:
Let me correct the headline...

Texas Man defends his life against 15 year old criminal.
I don't know how you could say that! The poor little child was obviously a victim of his environment and had no choice in the matter! I'm sure if someone had just talked to him everything would've worked out OK!

/liberal drivel

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

3:45 in the morning. Driving a Cadillac. Armed. 15! I'm pretty sure he wasn't on his way to Church. I would like to know what the shooter was doing out at that time as well. I will not rush to judgement on the vague points this story makes, but I would like an update as this unfolds. I am sure we will see a pissing match that turned out in a need for one party to defend himself against a threat. Once there is a firearm involved, all ages are equal.

tarzan1888

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
3:45 in the morning. Driving a Cadillac. Armed. 15! I'm pretty sure he wasn't on his way to Church. I would like to know what the shooter was doing out at that time as well. I will not rush to judgement on the vague points this story makes, but I would like an update as this unfolds. I am sure we will see a pissing match that turned out in a need for one party to defend himself against a threat. Once there is a firearm involved, all ages are equal.

This is true.

Tarzan

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

OT-LW

Anyway it doesn't say who pulled first, it doesn't say who started the verbal argument. The 15 yr old was obviously making bad decisions, including deciding to break the law, by driving underage, carrying underage, and possibly driving dangerously. The 30 yr old made at least one bad decisionby allowing himself to be involved in a verbal argument at a stop light.

I think the biggest lesson we should learn from this is stay out of arguments over stupid stuff like someone else being a jerk. I've heard about quite a few of these "at a stoplight" incidents that turn into fights, accidents, or shootings. Talk about a stupid argument. If that happens to me I just smile at the fact that I was able to piss someone off so easily :D, and then I take a moment to feel bad for their significant other lol.

Oh and yeah that 15 yr old's parents need to be punished, too.

sccrref

imported post

One thing is most definite. If this goes to court, there will most likely be only one story told there. Unless there happened to be witnesses out at this hour at that location. Chalk one up for gun control. "Gun control - Never having to say I missed."

I hope I get that shirt for Christmas.:lol:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Sorry for feeding the troll, guys. Ya know I love the fact that his little avatar is a lyin'.....er uh a lion. It's just so fitting.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Source

DALLAS — Dallas police say a man shot and killed a 15-year-old after both brandished guns.

Police say they'll refer the death of Frank Vega to a grand jury.

Investigators say 30-year-old Anthony Gray told them he was going home early Friday morning when a teenager in a Cadillac cut him off in the roadway, leading to an argument. Gray says both men pulled out guns.

Police say the teenager didn't fire his weapon.

I hate it when crap like this goes down! The antis just eat this stuff up! :banghead:
Really depends who pulled it out first...

Of course you can apparently kill a man for anything in Texas, well just about...as Mr. Horn is trying to prove. (sarcasm)

imperialism2024

imported post

OT-LW

Here we have a case where a man was angered by someone who cut him off in traffic. He shot a youth with a Hispanic-sounding name when he could have just driven away. Granted, this is probably legal in Texas. Even so, I'd hardly consider it ethical or moral to do it. It's just like going outside and murdering two people on someone else's property.