Thread: Conversation at Jack in the Box

State Researcher

Post imported post

Went to Jack in the Box to grab a burger, ate it inside and had some iced tea. As I'm leaving one person in a group of younger guys, in an attempt to be obnoxious (I think, they had that attitude) loudly commented "Now that makes me nervous" One of his companions obliges and replies (also loudly) "What does?" "Dude is packing heat." I was standing nearby dumping my trash, and I smiled and said "It's quite legal you know." Dude says "Yeah but it still makes me nervous." We chatted a bit more, one thought that a person needed a class to get a carry permit, and I refered them to OCDO. Most of the conversation occured as we were all leaving. None of the employees cared or mentioned that I was OCing.

It was nice to educate some people, even if they were trying to be annoying.

Post imported post

Could have asked them, "Why? Plan on doing something that would make me shoot you?"

Just kidding of course.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

State Researcher

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Went to Jack in the Box to grab a burger, ate it inside and had some iced tea. As I'm leaving one person in a group of younger guys, in an attempt to be obnoxious (I think, they had that attitude) loudly commented "Now that makes me nervous" One of his companions obliges and replies (also loudly) "What does?" "Dude is packing heat." I was standing nearby dumping my trash, and I smiled and said "It's quite legal you know." Dude says "Yeah but it still makes me nervous." We chatted a bit more, one thought that a person needed a class to get a carry permit, and I refered them to OCDO. Most of the conversation occured as we were all leaving. None of the employees cared or mentioned that I was OCing.

It was nice to educate some people, even if they were trying to be annoying.
    Undercooked meat and E.Coli makes me nervous.

State Researcher

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    ROTFLMAO!!!!

State Researcher

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    openryan wrote:
    ROTFLMAO!!!!
    :P Maybe it was too long ago, but you could try the excuse " I only carry at Jack in the box to make sure my meat is dead before I eat it "

Never been to a Jack in the box... I have heard its kind of like a Hardee's

Post imported post

I'd say its more like white castle with bigger burgers.

Post imported post

Our definition of "daredevil" used to be someone driving a Pinto through the drive-thru at Jack in the Box while talking on a cell phone.

Post imported post

nofoa wrote:
    Do they still have thoseheartburn city"tacos?" God only knows what the filling was made of.

They were quite tasty.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    nofoa wrote:
    Do they still have thoseheartburn city"tacos?" God only knows what the filling was made of.

They were quite tasty.
    Its made of children.

Post imported post

meeooow!!!!

oh, to stay on topic.... Good job on attempting to edumicate the uninformed.

Post imported post

nofoa wrote:
    :shock:Except for being beef on a bun there's no comparison between the two.

Reminds me of a similar encounter I had at the Aarons store in Everett. I weas standing at the counter making my next to next to last payment on my washer & dryer. There were three younger guys, maybe 21 at most, fairly well dressed and well behaved,(yes I'm sure I was in Everett) that had looking at big screen TVs and computers and were now waiting for a clerk to come out of the office. AFter they walked past me one of themsaid to his friends, in a semi-hushed tone, "WOW! Dude's packing a thirty-eight." I acted like I didn't hear and continued to wait for my receipt. I could hear them discussing me more. I couldn't hear everything but one of them said,"... and that other thing is sorta like a speedloader."

I then smiled and without turning to look at them I spoke up and said, "No it's not sorta like a speedloader. It's exactly like a speedloader." Then I turned my head toward them and smiled. He grinned really big and said, "Oh... Cool!" then nudged his buddy and said "See! I told you so."

When I walked past them as we were leaving,I again smiled and nodded and said, "Take care guys. And oh, by the way,it's not a thirty-eight, it's a forty-four".

:what::shock::what:

Damn, ain't it great to be an American!