• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

forgot to post this

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

I was at the CVS Pharmacy on Sunset and Sandhill picking up a few things Thanksgiving day. I had to pickup a new clipper set and some Pepsi. Well, the clippers are locked away on the rack due to "loss prevention" so I had to call the cleark to unlock it. She told me to save the receipt because the set I chose "sucks." I got a $50 gift certificate so I didn't really care. Anyway, she hands me the clippers and goes back to the register and I followed. Then I realized I forgot my soda.. so I said "hey, can you keep these up here while I go grab a pepsi" Her response was "hell, you gott a gun, think ima tell you no?" While her and about 5 other people standing in line laughed. I chuckled and shook my head. Grabbed my drink, paid and left.

Business as usual, no one said a thing, but the usual "thanks, see ya next time!"

Barcroft

imported post

It's always great to hear of a positive encounter with those around us. It seems that your confidence and mater-of-fact attitude about your weapon served you and the situation very well.

varminter22

imported post

Love it!

Reminds me of a recent trip to Arby's. I was the only customer there as it was late in the day. First words out of the young female clerk's mouth were, "Nice revolver!" Which of course resulted in pleasant conversation - and her taking my club business card.