• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Proposal - 11/26 Update

ccwtrainer

imported post

11/26/07 Update:

We had a really good meeting at the Oconomowoc Sportsman's Club. We are beginning the exciting process of local adoption of a Right to Keep and Bear Arms Resolution with seven counties. They are Rock, Waukesha, Milwaukee, Jefferson, Pierce, Door, and Monroe. We want to start with these counties, learn what will work and won’t work, make any necessary adjustments and then approach other counties.

Besides making new friends, a great idea came out of the meeting as a Patriot suggested that petitions be used. Actually, we will be using two petitions. One is a Petition for Consideration and will accompany the initial request to the county Clerk. If consideration of the Resolution is not agreed to, more names will be collected on additional petitions which can be presented at the county Board meetings each month until the Board agrees to consider the Resolution. We don’t accept no or silence for an answer.

The second petition is a Petition for Adoption, and will be presented at the meeting when the Resolution is scheduled for a vote. Everyone can and should sign both petitions. The two petitions together clearly tell your county Board that people want them to support the Constitution and adopt the Resolution.

Everyone all over Wisconsin can start gaining signatures on both petitions in all counties now. Just email me at genegerman@ccwtrainer.com and I will provide you with the two petitions. If you are an energetic person please consider becoming a county leader in your county to coordinate the work of volunteers and the overall effort with the county Board. I will keep reminding you that this is a grassroots effort folks. We need everyone’s help to collect signatures and discuss why the Resolutions need to be adopted and then to show up at Board meetings. It is up to each one of you to help make this happen or this is not going to get done. However, you can (and should) claim the victory.

Rather than post county leaders names and contact information publicly, please email me and tell me where you live including the county and I will send you their contact information as I have it. Please ask your friends and family do the same.

Our timing could not be better. The US Supreme Court has agreed to hear the DC Gun Ban Case (DC V. Heller) and will limit their review to one question: whether D.C. laws "violate the Second Amendment rights of individuals who are not affiliated with any state-regulated militia, but who wish to keep handguns and other firearms for private use in their homes."

Between now and next fall, the meaning of the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights and what rights it specifically protects will be a very hot topic.

We all know the media will not help us, so I would like to hear from you amateur (or not so amateur) film makers. I need you to produce U-Tube videos to tell our message. If you have video or writing/directing experience please contact me at genegerman@ccwtrainer.com.

Let’s have some fun!

It’s About Liberty, Your Liberty.

Gene German

PS A question was asked about a legal fund.

When we are successful and the authorities finally stand down, lawfully armed citizens should not need a legal fund simply to exercise their right to be safe. But we are not stupid either and this is not the place to discuss what we are doing to position ourselves to win in court, shouldthere ever need to be a trial.

On the other hand, should someone be justifiedinusingreasonable force (including lethal force) to stop a threat of death or great bodily harm, wellI don't know about yours, but my homeowners policywill cover thatincident (including the cost of my defense and even shooting the wrong person(s)). This is an important part of my permit to carry training that I think newly armed citizensshould have, butGovernor Doyle doesn't think it makes much sense.