• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question: would you rather kill yourself or vote for Romney?

tarzan1888

imported post

ScottNH wrote:
Unless you live in a Primary-holding state, you won't even get a chance to vote for Ron Paul, so this is all a moot point. Unless, of course, you want to vote for him as a write-in, in which case you might as well write in your own name, as you and he will at that point have an equal chance of becoming President. (Actually, at this point, you and he have an equal chance of becoming President.)

In the General Election, you will have three choices:

1. Vote for the Republican candidate, whoever (whomever? I still don't know) that is.

2. Vote for Hillary.

3. Not vote/vote for Ron Paul/Daffy Duck/Capt Kirk, etc., all of which are the exactly the sameas Number 2 above.

Well said.

Tarzan

sjhipple

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
ScottNH wrote:
Unless you live in a Primary-holding state, you won't even get a chance to vote for Ron Paul, so this is all a moot point. Unless, of course, you want to vote for him as a write-in, in which case you might as well write in your own name, as you and he will at that point have an equal chance of becoming President. (Actually, at this point, you and he have an equal chance of becoming President.)

1. Vote for the Republican candidate, whoever (whomever? I still don't know) that is.

2. Vote for Hillary.

3. Not vote/vote for Ron Paul/Daffy Duck/Capt Kirk, etc., all of which are the exactly the sameas Number 2 above.

Well said.

Tarzan

If Romney or Giuliani get the nod - and it looks like they will - It'll be #3. If I'm going to have a president that supports big government policies, I'd at least like to not have "conservatives" blamed for their failure, as has happened with Bush.

I have a 50/50 chance of voting #1 if it's Huckabee.

The only top-tier Republicans I'd support in the general are Thompson and Ron Paul. I'm mad as hell at this Republican party and I'm not giving them another vote until they shape up. Less of two evils be damned. They didn't deserve my vote in 2006, and they deserve it even less now than they did then.

ScottNH

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
ScottNH wrote:

2. Vote for Hillary.

If Romney or Giuliani get the nod - and it looks like they will - It'll be #3. If I'm going to have a president that supports big government policies, I'd at least like to not have "conservatives" blamed for their failure, as has happened with Bush.

The only top-tier Republicans I'd support in the general are Thompson and Ron Paul. I'm mad as hell at this Republican party and I'm not giving them another vote until they shape up. Less of two evils be damned. They didn't deserve my vote in 2006, and they deserve it even less now than they did then.

Well, that's certainly your right, but I thinkif that's the case, then you should run out and put a big "Hillary" sign in your front lawn, because that makes you every bit as much a Hillary supporter as Huma Abedin.

I guess that's easier for you to reconcile than a vote for Romney. :?

Jersey Ron

imported post

"The "conspiracy" of the Federal Reserve"

I don't see where's the conspiracy!! It's not a conspiracy. It's plain right in YOUR FACE!!! The Federal Reserve is neither "Federal" or a "Reserve". Ron Paul, just like many other intelligent people, maybe 2 or 3% of the entire population KNOW that the Federal Reserve is A PRIVATELY OWNED CORPORATION. It was introduced in 1913 byMax Warburg, an International banker and signed into law by Woodrow Wilson. There's a reason why the "Fed" isn't in the Blue Pages and is right next to Federal Express. Now if telling the truth makes me a conspiracy nut, well, then so be it. But the fact still remains that the Federal Reserve is one big scam. The IRS is a component of the Fed, therfore Ron Paul knows that it too is Bullsh*t! Will he win?? Certainly not! And if by some miracle he does, I hope he has a lot of life insurance.

Fact: Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, James Garfield and John F. Kennedy ALL try to take on the "Fed" and we all know what happened to them. Andrew Jackson survived the assasination attempt due to a mis-fire. Look it up! Abraham Lincoln stripped the power away from the "International Bankers" by creating what was known as "Green Backs". JFK created executive order 11110, rendering the "Fed" powerless to charge interest and James Garfield did something similar. But I know that these assasinations and attemted assasination are just crocked up conspiracy theories.

Well, time to put on my tin foil hat and head back to the mother ship. Feel better now?? :celebrate

Jersey

ScottNH

imported post

Jersey Ron wrote:

I don't see where's the conspiracy!! It's not a conspiracy. It's plain right in YOUR FACE!!! The Federal Reserve is neither "Federal" or a "Reserve". Ron Paul, just like many other intelligent people, maybe 2 or 3% of the entire population KNOW that the Federal Reserve is A PRIVATELY OWNED CORPORATION. It was introduced in 1913 byMax Warburg, an International banker and signed into law by Woodrow Wilson. There's a reason why the "Fed" isn't in the Blue Pages and is right next to Federal Express. Now if telling the truth makes me a conspiracy nut, well, then so be it. But the fact still remains that the Federal Reserve is one big scam. The IRS is a component of the Fed, therfore Ron Paul knows that it too is Bullsh*t! Will he win?? Certainly not! And if by some miracle he does, I hope he has a lot of life insurance.

Fact: Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, James Garfield and John F. Kennedy ALL try to take on the "Fed" and we all know what happened to them. Andrew Jackson survived the assasination attempt due to a mis-fire. Look it up! Abraham Lincoln stripped the power away from the "International Bankers" by creating what was known as "Green Backs". JFK created executive order 11110, rendering the "Fed" powerless to charge interest and James Garfield did something similar. But I know that these assasinations and attemted assasination are just crocked up conspiracy theories.

Well, time to put on my tin foil hat and head back to the mother ship. Feel better now?? :celebrate

Jersey
Whew! I'm not sure if this is an argument for Ron Paul being a nut-case, or one against it.

tarzan1888

imported post

ScottNH wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
ScottNH wrote:

2. Vote for Hillary.

Well, that's certainly your right, but I thinkif that's the case, then you should run out and put a big "Hillary" sign in your front lawn, because that makes you every bit as much a Hillary supporter as Huma Abedin.

That would be funny if it weren't so true.

Tarzan

tarzan1888

imported post

ScottNH wrote:
Jersey Ron wrote:

Jersey
Whew! I'm not sure if this is an argument for Ron Paul being a nut-case, or one against it.

That is funny

tarzan

sjhipple

imported post

ScottNH wrote:

Maybe so. It makes barely any difference as far as I can tell. Bush has spent more money than Clinton ever did, and given us the largest increase in the welfare state...in addition to an unnecessary war. I doubt Hillary would be worse than Romney or Bush.

And yes, I'd rather have Hillary than Romney. At least I know what I'm getting with Hillary and I, as a Republican, don't have to be responsible for Hillary.

Since Republican bots are too busy congratulating each other about being "great Americans" that they don't seem to get that they lost 2006 becausea large part of their base left the party, maybe they'll get it after they lose 2008. Once they figure it out, maybe the Republican party will go back to its roots and I'll have a choice again since the Republicans and Dems will actually be somewhat different. If not, it makes no difference who I vote for, since nothing changes no matter who wins.

I'd rather lose one election than lose the entire conservative movement...if it's not already too late.

tarzan1888

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
ScottNH wrote:

Maybe so. It makes barely any difference as far as I can tell. Bush has spent more money than Clinton ever did, and given us the largest increase in the welfare state...in addition to an unnecessary war. I doubt Hillary would be worse than Romney or Bush.

And yes, I'd rather have Hillary than Romney. At least I know what I'm getting with Hillary and I, as a Republican, don't have to be responsible for Hillary.

Since Republican bots are too busy congratulating each other about being "great Americans" that they don't seem to get that they lost 2006 becausea large part of their base left the party, maybe they'll get it after they lose 2008. Once they figure it out, maybe the Republican party will go back to its roots and I'll have a choice again since the Republicans and Dems will actually be somewhat different. If not, it makes no difference who I vote for, since nothing changes no matter who wins.

I'd rather lose one election than lose the entire conservative movement...if it's not already too late.

There is none so blind..............

Tarzan

Longwatch, thank you. It was time