• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Seattle McDonalds

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Wound up going to Lynnwood yesterday on a last minute whim. Passing through Seattle, I stopped to grab a bite to eat, and as I know the manager of the McDonalds on 3rd and Pike decided to stop in.

An older SPD Sgt. was in there drinking some coffee. After I ordered my food, I sat my bag down, and took off my coat, thus revealing my p89. Went to get my drink, the Sgt saw my gun, looked at me briefly, I smiled and went about my business. That's it. No drama, no conversation. This is the second time I OC'd in there, the first time, I got to talk to most of the floor staff about OC when my manager friend had to share his amazement with his staff. Mos of the staff are black, and their consensus was that while OC is legal, they didn't thinkthey could do it without getting hassled... sad, but possibly true.

I was expecting the cop to say something to me though. Too bad all LEO's can't be the same.

Agent 47

imported post

I think it may be that the more you deal with cops, the less likely you are to get hassled. If you think about it what if it had been your first time seeing a cop while OC'ing, you would have been very nervous and outwardly appeared "suspicious". Now, after several encounters with LE, your confidence is up allowing you to actually act "normal" in such an encounter thus reducing your chances of being hassled. Unless you run into one of those Nazi cops that is. ;)