• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Straw Poll this weekend, 12/1/07

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

November 27, 2007

On Saturday, Dec. 1, the Republican Party of Virginia (RPV) will sponsor a presidential straw poll in conjunction with its annual "Advance" in Arlington. Any registered Virginia voter is eligible to participate.

This will be the last state-party-sponsored straw poll before the real voting takes place in Iowa and New Hampshire in the first days of 2008. Consequently, it will prove to be an excellent opportunity to show the strength of the tremendous grassroots support for Congressman Paul in his run for the White House.

If you want to vote for Dr. Paul in the RPV Straw Poll - and if you really want to get involved with the Ron Paul movement - please attend the 24th Annual Donald Huffman Advance, which provides training opportunities for grassroots activists and a chance to meet Republican Party members and other Paul supporters from around the Commonwealth.

The Straw Poll will take place at 4:30 PM on Saturday, Dec. 1, at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Arlington. (The hotel is Metro accessible, and on-site parking is available.)

To register in advance - which is highly recommended - please visit http://rpv.org/092007_advance.html

There will be opportunities to make the case for Dr. Paul for President and recruit new supporters at the various hospitality suites Friday night before the straw poll. The Paul campaign will be hosting hospitality suites on both Friday and Saturday night (floor and rooms to be announced at the Advance).

Please be at the hotel early to ensure your access to the voting hall.

Several Ron Paul Meetup groups are making plans to car-pool to the Straw Poll. Check with your local Meetup coordinator for more information.

Voting in the straw poll costs $35.00.

Remember, Dec. 1 will be your last chance to vote for Ron Paul until the Virginia primary election in February. Come show your support and let the world know that the Ron Paul Revolution is on the move in Virginia!

Sincerely,

Dennis Fusaro
National Field Director
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

TEX1N

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Voting in the straw poll costs $35.00.
I've never understood why it costs money to vote in a straw poll? Given someone on a tight (college) budget, would it be better to vote in the straw poll or give the money straight to Paul's campaign?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Will there be opportunity to meet/question/support other Republicans?

unrequited

imported post

Just as a show of cash I take it, money talks?

He's been doing well in the previous ones according to wiki winning the most out of any candidate:
Straw_poll_results2.jpg

I sincerely feel that RP supporters are setting themselves for the biggest fall when he doesn't get the nod from the GOP, but hopefully I'm wrong.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I don't know if any candidates will be there, but there will be a few state folks there. Some campaigns pay their supporters to attend and vote as proof of the campaign's grassroots (astroturf) support.

hsmith

imported post

longwatch wrote:
I don't know if any candidates will be there, but there will be a few state folks there. Some campaigns pay their supporters to attend and vote as proof of the campaign's grassroots (astroturf) support.
Considering the campaigns headquarters is in Virgina Square, there is a good chance someone from the office will be there. But look for it to be backed with supporters as well.

I can't man a booth, but I'll be there to throw my vote in the straw poll.