• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NH: Open Carry Litter Pickup in "troubled" neighborhood!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

TEX1N wrote:
You've got to hand it to those Free-staters, they have some great ideas!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zIBELcNq5mU
There's a lot getting done already, and most of us Free Staters haven't even moved yet.

Those of you who haven't heard about the Free State Project, feel free to come check us out at www.freestateproject.org.

If you like what you see, feel free to drop by the FSP forums and get to know us.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Actually, I've been halfheartedly looking for a project, like a road clean-up, to propose to those of us on OCDO. It's been mentioned a couple of times, and would be an ideal way for us to OC and present a positive image.

Because few here will commit without much notice, we'd need to have a lead time of well over a month. Anything that takes place on federal property or school property is out.

I seriously doubt we could get enough committment to actually adopt a highway, though I'd be willing to be proven wrong.

Any ideas?

TEX1N

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Um is one of those guys OCing a Daisy airpistol? If so someone should tell him hes doing it wrong.

ETA: freeze frame at 2:59. Looks like the thumbscrew for the co2 cylinder.
http://dsp.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p2351769dt.jpg

Yeah, that does look a little fishy! Maybe in NH the RKBA's actually means that you can choose the type of arms you wish to bear! ;):shock::?

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 193

Marco

imported post

smile_zipit.gif

compmanio365

imported post

TEX1N wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Um is one of those guys OCing a Daisy airpistol? If so someone should tell him hes doing it wrong.

ETA: freeze frame at 2:59. Looks like the thumbscrew for the co2 cylinder.
http://dsp.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p2351769dt.jpg

Yeah, that does look a little fishy! Maybe in NH the RKBA's actually means that you can choose the type of arms you wish to bear! ;):shock::?

Of course it does......you CAN (or should be able to) bear any arms you want.....doesn't mean they will be effective at doing the job you are bringing them for though. I know I certainly wouldn't want to be armed with a CO2 pistol when I had to defend myself.....but if that's all the person is comfortable with, or all they have, I salute them for making the effort to carry it openly to spread the word.

I also noticed the other person carrying their pistol in a crossdraw configuration in a IWB holster with no retention. Again, I don't necessarily think I would ever do this, but if that's all they have to carry with, or that's what they WANT to do....then more power to them.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
longwatch wrote:
You know on futher examination I think its possible the other fellow is carrying an air pistol too.
Harder to tell what gun it is exactly but it kinda looks like a Crosman C11.

Check it out at 2:17.
http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/crosman_air_pistols_crossman_s/51.htm
To me, it (at 2:17) looks as if the magazine well is empty.
Could it be that since they way they are carrying, it could be argued that the firearms are "concealed"... these guys may not have permits (especially if the one is an anarchist) and wanted to avoid legal troubles?

Also, this was posted in another thread at some point, can't remember which one, but I am assuming the guy does have a permit who shot the video, and he was also stopped by police in this audio clip (Dave Ridley)

http://tinyurl.com/2gjxrl

Section 159:4 159:4 Carrying Without License. – No person shall carry a loaded pistol or revolver in any vehicle or concealed upon his person, except in his dwelling, house or place of business, without a valid license therefor as hereinafter provided. A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded cartridges. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall, for the first such offense, be guilty of a misdemeanor. For the second and for each subsequent violation of the provisions of this section, such person shall be guilty of a class B felony, provided such second or subsequent violation has occurred within 7 years of the previous conviction.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I don't think the guy with the silver airpistol carried OWB would have anything to worry about. Anyhow carrying airpistols concealed can get you a illegal concealed carry charge depending on the state. Definitely in Virginia, in fact there is case law stating that a CO2 airpistol is a deadly weapon.
http://www.courts.state.va.us/opinions/opncavwp/1579043.pdf
I didn't think it would cause trouble either...

I was thinking about how some areas people talk about police considering a holster to be concealing. I know it has been brought up around here before, just couldn't find the thread.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well what do we have here now after all this analysis. 2 guys 'OCing' but one with an airpistol, the other with a possibly unloaded gun, a least there isn't a magazine in it. You can see both sides of the magazine well at 2:18.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Well what do we have here now after all this analysis. 2 guys 'OCing' but one with an airpistol, the other with a possibly unloaded gun, a least there isn't a magazine in it. You can see both sides of the magazine well at 2:18.
I have to chuckle...

On the other hand, the guy who did this (Ridley) seems to enjoy confrontation with police officers regarding open carry, and I might even go so far as saying he almost goes out looking for police interaction. Just my take...