• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

College requiring students to carry GPS cell phones...

TrueBrit

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:

Sure, this will really keep them safe against muggers, rapists, thugs and Cho wannabees!

For the $420 bucks that this gizmo costs, could not a perfectly respectable used handgun be purchased?;)

Alas, these poor misguided sheep will probably pony up and buy the bloody things!

TrueBrit.

RogueWarrior

imported post

All I'll say is what a joke what happens if a hacker gets into the system They'll be able to track anyone OK that's my two cents worth

unrequited

imported post

I used to go party there, and our sister sorority were from there... it's a SCAAAAARY place at night if you're by yourself. It's on a huge hill, and the various parking lots are all over the place in dark far away places. The only lights are the blue dotted rape lights, but honestly...

New Jersey has a long way to go.

imperialism2024

imported post

So, what exactly is the GPS to be used for? :shock:

How about carrying a regular cell phone, a notepad and pen, and a nice little magnum revolver. Serves the same purpose while light on the Big Brother.

tattedupboy

imported post

I noticed that the university is requiring students to buy the cell phones, but does it require them to actually carry the phones with them at all times? Furthermore, for those students who actually have manners and turn off their cell phones during class but forget to turn them on immediately after leaving class, what good is it going to do then? Am I the only one who feels that this is bordering on BigBrotherism?

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
I noticed that the university is requiring students to buy the cell phones, but does it require them to actually carry the phones with them at all times? Furthermore, for those students who actually have manners and turn off their cell phones during class but forget to turn them on immediately after leaving class, what good is it going to do then? Am I the only one who feels that this isblatant BigBrotherism?
Fixed it for ya :cool: