Thread: Traveling to Wy. OC/CC questions. Businesses with 'No Firearms' signs

Post imported post

This isn't exactly an OC issue, but I suppose it could be.

For work I travel to Wyoming from time to time. When I do I sometimes enter a job site that has 'No Firearms' signs posted outside the fence. This is an outdoor site. I have not been able to find any information regarding a business with such a sign.

I am a Utah resident with a Utah permit.

Are there trespass issues here? Is it only an issue if it is discovered and you are asked to leave? Maybe the information is out there and I'll stumble onto it, but if anybody can help it would be appreciated.

Post imported post

Just my humble opinion, but permit or not, my life is worth far too much to be bothered with those signs, the only time I disarm is when wanding or a walk through metal detector are used, I would rather take the chance of being told to leave/be arrested than be on the news as the latest victim because I obeyed some stupid law that basically mandated victim disarmament. Again, JMHO. BTW, never in over 12 yrs has anyone noticed that I'm armed, and I worked as a mechanic with a 1911 IWB holster.:shock:

Post imported post

Forgot to add, gun was concealed under untucked shirts all that time. Polo shirts work nice, or straight hemmed work shirts. Too obvious if an untucked regular shirt with the curved hems.

Post imported post

Well Ifeel pretty much the same myself. For now I carry. But I still want to know what the law says so that I can be informed and respond appropriately if I'm ever discovered or questioned on the matter.

For now I'm assuming that it is OK because I can't find a prohibition in the law, but I'm always seeking precise information.

Post imported post

Law in most states says you are trespassing if found out (to be carrying) and refuse to leave. Obviously if not found out nothing happens. Lawyer seems to be the one to ask, sadly.

Post imported post

As Wayne implies, if CC is found out, just leave politely and immediately. No discussion, no argument. Exactly the same way as you would if OC'ing and asked to leave. As always, if you raise a stink w/o disarming you will hurry an encounter with LEO and possibly the bracelets.

Post imported post

Just a funny side story...

I was on a job site once, that was federally funded. I won't say where (other than it was in Utah). The city was required to havea firearms policy. The engineer said the following, "Here is our policy. Don't shoot your guns." I think we all got the point.

Post imported post

Heh, heh, that's excellent!:celebrate