• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling to Wy. OC/CC questions. Businesses with 'No Firearms' signs

althor

imported post

This isn't exactly an OC issue, but I suppose it could be.

For work I travel to Wyoming from time to time. When I do I sometimes enter a job site that has 'No Firearms' signs posted outside the fence. This is an outdoor site. I have not been able to find any information regarding a business with such a sign.

I am a Utah resident with a Utah permit.

Are there trespass issues here? Is it only an issue if it is discovered and you are asked to leave? Maybe the information is out there and I'll stumble onto it, but if anybody can help it would be appreciated.

wayneborngesser

imported post

Just my humble opinion, but permit or not, my life is worth far too much to be bothered with those signs, the only time I disarm is when wanding or a walk through metal detector are used, I would rather take the chance of being told to leave/be arrested than be on the news as the latest victim because I obeyed some stupid law that basically mandated victim disarmament. Again, JMHO. BTW, never in over 12 yrs has anyone noticed that I'm armed, and I worked as a mechanic with a 1911 IWB holster.:shock:

wayneborngesser

imported post

Forgot to add, gun was concealed under untucked shirts all that time. Polo shirts work nice, or straight hemmed work shirts. Too obvious if an untucked regular shirt with the curved hems.

althor

imported post

Well Ifeel pretty much the same myself. For now I carry. But I still want to know what the law says so that I can be informed and respond appropriately if I'm ever discovered or questioned on the matter.

For now I'm assuming that it is OK because I can't find a prohibition in the law, but I'm always seeking precise information.

wayneborngesser

imported post

Law in most states says you are trespassing if found out (to be carrying) and refuse to leave. Obviously if not found out nothing happens. Lawyer seems to be the one to ask, sadly.

bobcat

imported post

As Wayne implies, if CC is found out, just leave politely and immediately. No discussion, no argument. Exactly the same way as you would if OC'ing and asked to leave. As always, if you raise a stink w/o disarming you will hurry an encounter with LEO and possibly the bracelets.

combatcarry

imported post

Just a funny side story...

I was on a job site once, that was federally funded. I won't say where (other than it was in Utah). The city was required to havea firearms policy. The engineer said the following, "Here is our policy. Don't shoot your guns." I think we all got the point.