• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Giuliani billed obscure agencies for trips.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7073.html

As New York mayor, Rudy Giuliani billed obscure city agencies for tens of thousands of dollars in security expenses amassed during the time when he was beginning an extramarital relationship with future wife Judith Nathan in the Hamptons, according to previously undisclosed government records.
Three pages of text follow. Click the link above for the full text.

Will Giuliani survive? Who will be the next repugnicrat to fall?

The GOP has fooled me twice, once with Bush-41 while I was ignorant, shame on them. Twice with Bush-43 while I was looking, shame on me. The GOP will not fool me again. I will vote Constitution Party and I hope it is for RP.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What does this have to do with OC, or 2nd amendment? The only relevance it pretends to have is that it's political.

No fan of Giuliani's, but a fan of civilized discourse.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8T73E600&show_article=1

Giuliani Dismisses Claim About Expenses [Excerpts]

"First of all, it's not true," he said during a GOP debate hours after the story broke. "I had 24-hour security for the eight years that I was mayor. They followed me everyplace I went. It was because there were, you know, threats, threats that I don't generally talk about. Some have become public recently; most of them haven't.

He didn't, however, offer an explanation for why the tens of thousands of dollars in costs, which aides say were routine expenses for protection for the mayor, were billed to city offices like the Office for People With Disabilities.

Later, an aide said that for accounting purposes, the expenses appear to have been temporarily allocated to city offices and paid for out of the mayor's budget but that the police department ultimately picked up the tab and reimbursed the mayor's office at the end of each year.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
As New York mayor, Rudy Giuliani billed obscure city agencies for tens of thousands of dollars in security expenses amassed during the time when he was beginning an extramarital relationship with future wife Judith Nathan in the Hamptons, according to previously undisclosed government records.
Three pages of text follow. Click the link above for the full text.

Will Giuliani survive? Who will be the next repugnicrat to fall?

The GOP has fooled me twice, once with Bush-41 while I was ignorant, shame on them. Twice with Bush-43 while I was looking, shame on me. The GOP will not fool me again. I will vote Constitution Party and I hope it is for RP.

Doug Huffman wrote:
The expenses were first revealed in 2001 after a city auditor stumbled across $34,000 worth of travel expenses buried in the accounts of the New York City Loft Board.

What do you think about the expenses, Doug? Are they justified? Unjustified?

Is the accounting shoddy, perhaps?

Is Giuliani is out of your consideration set because of this? You seem to imply that in your first post. Of course, you're also implying (if I read it right) that you're against all the Republicans. But that opposition would logically have to be based on more than just Giuliani's travel/security expenses problem.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

I have previously written:
I will not vote GOP again. The GOP has fooled me twice, once with Bush-41 while I was ignorant, shame on them, and twice with Bush-43 while I was looking, shame on me. I will not vote GOP again.

I will vote Constitution Party, hopefully for RP.

If there is to be revolution then let it begin now while my blood is still hot and my grip firm. Better me than my daughter.
A moment, HenrettaTroll, with a search engine will find my previous statement.

While I have your attention; I see your impending three-thousandth post. I pray the moderators will discourage the OT waste of comment on it, contrary to previous practice. The SNR of prolific, if not prolix, posters is generally low.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.[1]
[/sup]

Heel, Henretta, heel!

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. LAB/NRA/GOP KMA$$

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I have previously written:
I will not vote GOP again. The GOP has fooled me twice, once with Bush-41 while I was ignorant, shame on them, and twice with Bush-43 while I was looking, shame on me. I will not vote GOP again.

I will vote Constitution Party, hopefully for RP.

If there is to be revolution then let it begin now while my blood is still hot and my grip firm. Better me than my daughter.
A moment, HenrettaTroll, with a search engine will find my previous statement.
Did you vote for Bush-43 in both 2000 and 2004, Doug?

imperialism2024

imported post

Tess wrote:
What does this have to do with OC, or 2nd amendment? The only relevance it pretends to have is that it's political.

No fan of Giuliani's, but a fan of civilized discourse.
:lol: Surely you jest.

Regardless, as much as I don't like Giuliani, we can look and find minor indiscretions with any candidate. Getting worked up over something like this is kind of pointless.