Thread: Send Delegate Jeff Frederick your views.

Post imported post

Jeff Frederick has his yearly poll available for those of us in the 52nd District:

http://va52.com/survey/constituent2008/

Survey Question # 7 - Public Safety

Do you believe Virginia needs more gun control laws, has too many gun control laws, or already that existing laws regarding the ownership and use of firearms are about right?
    Need more
    Too many
    About right

Post imported post

I did it but feel dirty for having done so.

Didn't see that site using encryption

-X

Post imported post

Xeni wrote:
    I did it but feel dirty for having done so.

Didn't see that site using encryption

-X
    That is disconcerting...have to supply your name and address on an unencrypted page?

I submitted a comment via his web site addressing that particular issue and strongly recommended that the survey be published so that the session can be encrypted.

Post imported post

What area does District 52 encompass? I live in Lakeridge (Woodbridge). I think I am part of the Occoquan District.

Post imported post

Slowhand wrote:
    What area does District 52 encompass? I live in Lakeridge (Woodbridge). I think I am part of the Occoquan District.
    http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/main?openform

You should be able to find the information there.

Post imported post

Slowhand wrote:
    function Greeting(){var RightNow = new Date();var hour = RightNow.getHours();if (hour < 12) {document.writeln("Good morning,"); return;}if (hour < 17) {document.writeln("Good afternoon,"); return;}document.writeln("Good evening,");return;}Greeting();Good afternoon, and welcome to my online office.

I'm honored to represent the citizens of Woodbridge, Dumfries, Triangle, Quantico, Montclair, Southbridge, and Manassas in the General Assembly of Virginia. It is our goal to be accessible and responsive to the citizens of the 52nd District, and this website is an easy and effective way for you to be in touch with us, and to stay informed on our progress in representing you.

The 2008 General Assembly session convenes in 41 days, on January 9th.

As we get ready to return to Richmond and prepare our legislative agenda, please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for legislation.

We work for you, so please don't hesitate to contact us if there's anything we can do to be helpful.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve.

from http://va52.com/

Post imported post

I found out that I am in the 51st District but I filled out the survey anyway.

Post imported post

This is Delegate Frederick's response to my message encouraging the use of encryption when people are sending their names and addresses over the wire...

Thanks for the note and for taking the time to fill out our legislative survey. Typically, we only encrypt personal financial information, like credit card numbers for our online contributions. Notwithstanding, we'll consider doing it for this information as well.

Thanks again!

-JMF.